Free: Asus VW222U 22" Widescreen LCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free: Asus VW222U 22" Widescreen LCD

I have an Asus 22" LCD that any VCMC member can have if they want it. (Now, of course there is a catch to these freebies...)

The LCD's (blue) VGA jack doesn't work properly 90% of the time -- images are still displayed very clearly and crisply, but something with the electronics (but not the liquid crystal display panel itself) is not right and it shows a deep red tinge.

The (white) DVI jack works flawlessly most of the time, except the few days before when I need to meet a deadline of some sort. This has happened a number of times already, and I've basically had enough of the LCD screwing me. LOL~

The LCD was purchase in August 2008. I still have the receipt for it, and it is still under warranty until Aug 2011. However, the exact same problem has already occurred before back in March/April, and I've already warrantied the LCD once. It worked fine for a while and started acting up again. If you decide to RMA the screen yourself, I dunno how the S&H stuff would work out. I got the store to do the dirty leg work for me last time, and I think it cost me $30 or $39 in service charge.

There is probably some life left in the screen even if you don't warranty it. If there are no takers, I'll just sent the screen off to the recyclers.

-Lik
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Re: Free: Asus VW222U 22" Widescreen LCD

If no one picks this up, the club might be able to use it as a secondary display for the new timing system.
    Racing: It's not just for rich idiots. It's for all idiots.

Carol
    Porsche 997 C2
    Subaru BRZ

Comment

I'll take it!!

I'll PM you with my Cell number.

Comment

Already got it last week. Thanks Rick.

Comment

Opps... sorry, folks. Should have updated this thread earlier to tell people the LCD has gone to a good home. My apologies!

-Lik
          Rick Leung
          one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
          DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Comment

Working...
          X