2012 Year in Review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Year in Review

2012 has been a phenomenal year for VCMC. Not only is it the club's 30th anniversary year, it has also been one of the busiest years in recent memory. With all that has occurred, here is a quick re-cap on the 2012 season:

VCMC 2012 Season in numbers:
    • 30 year anniversary
    • 328 members
    • 9 Autoslalom events
    • 80 drivers on average per autoslalom event
    • 3 tracks days
    • 2 Velocity Driving Schools
    • 1400 laps completed at the VCMC Openroad Charity karting event held at TBC, in partnership with Blitzgear, to raise funds for the Richmond Food Bank
    • 1 Special autoslalom event in partnership with Scion Canada for the launch of the Scion FR-S
    • 40 drivers from BC attended the SCCA Solo Northwest Region Championship
    • 10 drivers from BC attended the SCCA Packwood Pro Solo
    • 10 drivers from BC attended the SCCA Solo National Championship in Nebraska

VCMC 2012 Season achievements:
    • Avril Morrison finished 1st in class at the SCCA Solo National championship in Nebraska
    • Both Yarko Petriw and Mike Kirkwood placed 1st in their respective classes at Knox Mountain Hill Climb.
    • 25 trophies were brought back to Canada from the SCCA Solo Northwest Region Championship (18 to BC and 7 to Alberta.)
    • 6 trophies were brought to Canada from the SCCA Packwood ProSolo
    • TeamVCMC selected to compete in the Scion Tuner Challenge
    • TeamVCMC win the 1st event of the Scion Tuner Challenge

VCMC featured in the media
    • VCMC booth at the 2012 Vancouver Auto show
    • The Province
    • Richmond Review (Article)
    • OMNI News BC

Last but not least, we want to thank our sponsors and club partners because without their support, none of our above achievements would be possible.

[edit] Updated to include Mike Kirkwood's Knox Mountain Hill Climb 1st in class title.
    Last edited by traum; November 17, 2012, 17:03.
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Re: 2012 Year in Review

This is an impressive summary - thanks Rick and all the ELT and club members. I have loved every minute of the year.

Re: Community goodwill and fundraising for pictures
    I am trying to bump $10 into this fund because I just used an excellent VCMC track day photo for my family's xmas calendar. I can't find it on Karelo.

Can it be made an "ongoing" event?

It is a particularly good initiative given our committment to the community and our role in it. The listing on Karelo is a visible indication to anyone searching driving that we are club that gives back.

Cheers,
    Val
    Happiness is not around the corner...Happiness is the corner.

Comment

Working...
    X