Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 VCMC Annual General Meeting - October 6th

Our 2015 VCMC Annual General Meeting will be October 6th @ 7PM

Meeting will take place at the Edmonds Community Centre (7433 Edmonds St, Burnaby), Multi-Purpose Room #1 (room #173)

Please register for the meeting at http://msreg.com/2015VCMCAGM so we know how much food to order.

Agenda:
    • Directors Reports
    • Club Business (More details to come)
    • 2016 Directors Elections
    Last edited by Fab; October 6, 2015, 16:21.
    VCMC Events Schedule - VCMC Facebook page

Nominations

The 2015 VCMC AGM is coming fast upon us, and I would like to take this opportunity to invite all nominations (including self nominations) for positions in the 2016 ELT. Please remember that autoslalom is a volunteer sport, and no one on the ELT are paid to do their jobs in leading the club and organizing the events. If you have been enjoying the results of these efforts, please consider joining the ELT and give back to the community that you have been part of.

Please post your nominations below and I will update the post as they come in. As I was saying before, there is no need to feel awkward about nominating yourself -- we welcome any interested member in helping the club. Prior experience is not necessary; only a passion for team work and a willingness to help are necessary. Being a member of the ELT is a great way to get to know how things work "behind the scenes". Additionally, this type of executive experience is highly valuable for those looking to bolster their resumes and built their organizational experience.

Voted positions:

President - Lead the ELT to set club direction and goals. Motivate and mentor other ELT members.
    - Fabrice Renaud (incumbent - stepping down)
    - Dave Cross (Nominated)

Vice President - Provide guidance to new ELTs. Help the president as necessary. Drives club projects.
    - David Cross (incumbent)
    - John Krotez (Nominated)

Competition Director - File paperwork and liase with CACC and other organizations in the autocross community. Foster competition within the region.
    - Matt Rizzo (incumbent & nominated)
    -

Treasurer - Maintain financial records and handle banking. File regulatory documents with government.
    - Zach Wong (incumbent - stepping down)
    - Evelyn Lee (Nominated)

Communication Director (Aka Secretary) - Take minutes of the meetings and keep track of business items. Manage communications and general PR of club.
    - Evelyn Lee (Incumbent)
    - Peter Ferrucci (Nominated)

Membership Director - Recruitment & retention of members. Manage membership list.
    - Shar Abassi (Incumbent - stepping down)
    - Jordan Valgardson (Nominated)

Appointed Positions

Technical Director
    - Owen Kirby (Incumbent)

Velocity Director - Run the Velocity driver development program
    - Yarko Petriw (Incumbent)

Track day Coordinator - Organize and chair Track days
    - Rick Leung (Incumbent stepping down)
    - Owen Kirby (Nominated)
    Last edited by Fab; September 17, 2015, 20:41.

Comment

Re: Nominations

I wouldn't mind volunteering for Membership director. If Shar or someone else could bring me up to speed on the duties I will need to perform. I am guessing duties will be discussed at the AGM as well?

I have become quite passionate about the sport. Every Race day is awesome because of great people who are part of the club. I would be honored to be a little more involved.

Jordan

Comment

Re: Nominations

I would like to nominate Matt Rizzo for the position of Competition Director

I would also like to nominate Jordan as Membership Director

Dave

Comment

Re: 2015 VCMC Annual General Meeting - October 6th

Nominations updated

Comment

Damn,
            I'd like to attend the AGM.

But... I chair an Advisory committee for Richmond, and we are holding our quarterly meeting that evening.

Damn !!!
            Gary and Pat Watson
            2016 Long Beach Red Metallic Corvette Z06 Coupe

Comment

Gary, didn't you already had to skip the AGM because of the same meeting last year?

Jordan thanks for volunteering! I am sure you will do a great Membership Director.

Guys don't forget to register so we know how much to get.

Comment

Fab,
                yep... same thing last year too.
                Gary and Pat Watson
                2016 Long Beach Red Metallic Corvette Z06 Coupe

Comment

Just a reminder, AGM will be in room #173 at Edmonds Community Centre tomorrow.

Please register at http://msreg.com/2015VCMCAGM if you are attending. Thanks!
                  STX Scion FR-S
                  STS Mazda Miata
                  ES Mazda Miata (Thanks Derek!)

VCMC Facebook - VCMC Events

Comment

Working...
                  X