X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Fiesta ST - Class?

What's up everybody?

Hope you are all doing well!

First time posting here. Just got my hands on a sweet Fiesta ST. She's ready to party!

Which class will this baby belong to?

Looking forward to attending the autocross and track day events for sure.

Re: Ford Fiesta ST - Class?

Assuming that the car is completely stock (ie. no modifications), it belongs to the HS (H Street) class where it is basically the top dog in the class.

Personally, I think the car is too much, too fast for HS, and that it really belongs more to GS. I have written to the SEB about this, but my re-classification request has been turned down.

An additional note regarding your car at the track (ie. a track day in Mission or something), pay extra attention to your brakes. A friend tracks his FiST at Mission and the Ridge, and he has reported that the electronic LSD / brake vectoring thing kicks in too often at the turns, and that resulted in the brakes getting overheated. As a matter of fact, the problem is so severe in one section of the track and he was on gas and powering through the turns the whole time, so the brake pedal has not been touched. But when the braking zone came up, the brakes overheated and he couldn't slow down enough, so he plowed off course. The only thing he can think of was the e-LSD / brake vectoring kicking in during the high speed turn.

So be mindful of that.
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Comment

Originally posted by traum View Post
      The only thing he can think of was the e-LSD / brake vectoring kicking in during the high speed turn.
      In fact, there's no way to shut off brake vectoring, period, even if you turn off all of the stability/traction assists. However, I'm happy to report it hasn't caused any problems during autocross, at least. We have a couple of STs showing up on a regular basis, will be good to see another one!

Comment

Originally posted by dtcaciuc View Post
        In fact, there's no way to shut off brake vectoring, period, even if you turn off all of the stability/traction assists. However, I'm happy to report it hasn't caused any problems during autocross, at least. We have a couple of STs showing up on a regular basis, will be good to see another one!
        I've heard of guys pulling the ABS fuse to shut off the brake vectoring. My Ford Focus ST, during the Blitz had brake fade at the very last run of the day. I couldn't stop at the end and nearly DNF'd myself - so if you are running for longer periods of time it might be a good idea to pull the fuse.

Comment

Working...
        X