Need help classing '86 Corolla GTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help classing '86 Corolla GTS

Hi everyone! New to autocrossing and was just wondering what class I would be classified as? Planning on registering for my first autocross.

'86 Toyota Corolla GTS
    Stock Motor
    Mushroom Filter
    Oil Catchcan
    OBX Header to Remus muffler
    Front Suspension: Stock struts on Lowering springs, 3 Degree NRCAs
    Rear Suspension: KYB AGX adjustable struts with Lowering springs
    SSR Longchamps 15x7 on Hankook Ventus v2 Concept2 195/50
    Front and Rear strut tower bar
    Fixed back racing seat

Thanks in advance!

Re: Need help classing '86 Corolla GTS

I am not 100% certain about the oil catch can, but considering that it doesn't really serve any speed-related performance-enhancing benefits, most of the other mods will put the car into STS.

If the racing seat (including mounting hardware) is lighter than 25 lbs, it would be illegal for STS.
    Rick Leung
    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Comment

Originally posted by traum View Post
      I am not 100% certain about the oil catch can, but considering that it doesn't really serve any speed-related performance-enhancing benefits, most of the other mods will put the car into STS.

If the racing seat (including mounting hardware) is lighter than 25 lbs, it would be illegal for STS.
      Pretty sure the seat is lighter than 25 lbs. Does this mean I would have to take it out to be in STS? Or just go to a different class. Thanks again! Just really wanting to see how my car will do on the tarmac

Comment

Originally posted by adam.oj View Post
        Pretty sure the seat is lighter than 25 lbs. Does this mean I would have to take it out to be in STS? Or just go to a different class. Thanks again! Just really wanting to see how my car will do on the tarmac
        Just put yourself in STS, NO ONE is going to worry about your seat being up to weight locally.

IFFF you think about going to regionals/nationals and you're looking at a top 3 finish its time to tape a couple pound weight to the back of the seat

Sounds like a fun car! Look forward to seeing it on the pad!

Rich

Comment

Forgot to mention it has a welded diff, is that going to be a problem? Thanks

Comment

A welded diff would put your into FSP. Being in FSP also removes the weight restriction on the seat.
            Rick Leung

Comment

A welded diff would put your into FSP. Being in FSP also removes the weight restriction on the seat.
              FSP is F Prepared? Sorry if I sound like a scrub, VERY new to this

Comment

FSP = F Street Prepared. Street Prep class has a much easier PAX than the Prepared class.
                Rick Leung

Comment

FSP = F Street Prepared. Street Prep class has a much easier PAX than the Prepared class.
                  Thanks a bunch for the help! Really stoked to see what my Rolla can do on the tarmac

Comment

Working...
                  X