• What class? 1977 Porsche 911S

As far as I know... the car is stock.

Brad

Well that's an interesting one!

This listing is in C-Street:
    Porsche
    911 (non-turbo, NOC)

But I think it's also legal in HCS - Heritage Classic Sport based on this:
    Eligible Vehicles: Vehicle must be from model year 1974 or older and not produced by a United States based manufacturer. Models newer than 1974, but of the same generation as the 1974 model, are allowed. EXAMPLE: a 1978 MGB would be eligible.

Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS

Comment

I’m thinking CS. When the rules say “non-turbo, NOC”...what is the NOC referring to?

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by 510 View Post
        Well that's an interesting one!

This listing is in C-Street:
        Porsche
        911 (non-turbo, NOC)

But I think it's also legal in HCS - Heritage Classic Sport based on this:
        Eligible Vehicles: Vehicle must be from model year 1974 or older and not produced by a United States based manufacturer. Models newer than 1974, but of the same generation as the 1974 model, are allowed. EXAMPLE: a 1978 MGB would be eligible.
        Well.. let’s see how fast he goes before we put him in my class!

I’m not a Porsche guy... so the 911 didn’t change much from 1974 to 1977? If that is the case, HCS might work.
        Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Thurlow View Post
          what is the NOC referring to?
          Not Otherwise Classified

Comment

Originally posted by Thurlow View Post
            I’m not a Porsche guy... so the 911 didn’t change much from 1974 to 1977? If that is the case, HCS might work.
            Me neither - my Porsche knowledge comes from Wikipedia.....

Comment

The SCCA "Street Categoyr by Manufacturer" guide shows the following:
              Porsche:911, 993 chassis; non-turbo,1995-98, B Street, BS

Now I know very little about Porsches, but it would seem a stretch to put this car in HCS.

Comment

Originally posted by 510 View Post

Me neither - my Porsche knowledge comes from Wikipedia.....

Good old Wiki... I had not thought of that. I just read that and it seems that HCS is the perfect class for him.
                Brad

Comment

Originally posted by GTR-Z51 View Post
                  The SCCA "Street Categoyr by Manufacturer" guide shows the following:
                  Porsche:911, 993 chassis; non-turbo,1995-98, B Street, BS

Now I know very little about Porsches, but it would seem a stretch to put this car in HCS.

That's model years 1995-98 though. The car in question is a 1977. There was a whole lot of advancements in those 18 years.....

Remember HCS and HCR are Supplemental Classes. The intent was to give people with the classic imports a place to pay at local events. The classes are not eligible for National competition - which in theory prohibits top shelf development and interpretation (exploitation?) of the rules that you see at the highest level. It would be pretty easy (with an unlimited budget) to build an HCS or HCR car and dominate local PAX. Porsche, BMW, Datsun 510, Datsun/Nissan 260Z, Toyota Celica, Mazda RX3, Sunbeam Tiger, etc come to mind. The allowed modifications are pretty plentiful.....

Comment

Those cars you list are a good idea.... want a bad idea?... try it with a late model MGB!

Comment

I can relate. When I first started I had a 71 Datsun 510 that was modified just enough to land in E-Modified. I was very familiar with not winning

Comment

Must be working too hard. I read it as 97 not 77. Yep that is a whole different kettle of fish.

Comment

Or... a1995 Toyota Supra.

Comment

Nah that car is clearly in the wrong class (along with several others)

Comment

Working...
                            X