Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight Reduction - SMF Integra

Hey guys,

Running my '97 Integra this weekend in the SMF class and am not clear on the extent of allowable weight reduction modifications.

Am I permitted to remove the headliner and a-pillar trim? Do rear interior panels need to be present?

Thanks!

-Cameron
    Last edited by CgDeans; August 6, 2019, 20:32.

Here is the opening statement from the Street Modified rules: 16.1 ALLOWED MODIFICATIONS
    A. All Street, Street TouringĀ®, and Street Prepared category modifications are authorized. Except as noted by these rules and the referenced rules, vehicles must be as originally delivered including all road-going components such as lights, wipers, interior, heater, etc."
    What this means is that unless a modification is specifically mentioned it would not be considered legal. In a quick scan of the rules I cannot find where this type of mod would be allowed so I would say it is not legal. When modifying a vehicle it is best to not do anything that cannot be replaced until you are sure of the consequences.

Comment

Bummer if this is the case. The rear of the car, from back of front seats rearward, is currently stripped.

I am out there to have fun and improve car control, so perhaps competitiveness (i.e. classing) is of little importance, albeit at the root of my personality!!

-Cameron

Comment

Yeah I would not really worry about it. I seriously doubt that the mods would have any large impact on performance. But if you were to compete at a regional or national event you need to ensure that your car is legal for the class.

Comment

Yea, most definitely a negligible improvement in performance. Will source interior paneling if I ever take it to the next level.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
          X