Subaru Crosstrek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subaru Crosstrek

The crosstrek is essentially just a lifted impreza but it is technically a CUV. Would I be allowed to run it?

2015 XV Crosstrek, no modifications. I would think HS would be the correct class if the vehicle is allowed?

Hi Evan,

Unfortunately, Crosstrek does not pass the requirement where height should be less than average front/rear track ratio (height 63in, front/rear tracks 60in). See https://www.scca.com/pages/solo-cars-and-rules

Dimitri
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Dimitri.

that was the section of the rulebook I was concerned with.

I am curious about the following paragraph requiring a minimum 1.30 static stability factor. 60in track width puts acceptable maximum height of the CG at 23". I have not measured this but I am curious if the car would be allowed in the case that it does meet or exceed that requirement.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure, but maybe others can pitch in on that? I believe, in general, since raised vehicles like SUVs and CUVs have a much higher rollover risk, section 3.1 excludes them as a group by default. To err on the side of safety, if a particular vehicle doesn't pass the height/average track test, unless it's explicitly listed as acceptable by SCCA, we disallow them from our events as well.

Comment

Working...
        X