Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys mind non members in this board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys mind non members in this board?

Well, first of all, I'm not in Vancouver at all.

But I do like this little forum of yours in that the discussions, specifically in the tech sections, are highly informative, although can be a bit technical at times (but hey, I'm here to learn).

So, do you mind if I pop by once in a while and ask questions?

Our local AutoX club does have mailing list and what not, but I'm not really fond of sharing my plans with those I plan to dominate.
    I am Randy's desire to go Faster!

I don't see why not. I'm not an official member because I have no car right now, so no point in signing up right at the moment, but I hang here, and I attend every closed club and take pictures.

The guys here are really cool, I'm sure they have no problem with it.

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Dustin ]</p>

Comment

Absolutely not, we welcome anyone with an interest in Motorsport to this board.

It is particularly nice to attract people from outside our region, perhaps you'll consider coming out west to participate in our BC Championship event next summer 2002!

Guido

Competition Director,
      VCMC Motorsport Club

Comment

don't think people from calgary arn't watching.............we r. He he..

Comment

ColinTypeR,

I take it you have an Integra TypeR?

Are you the one in Championship white and JDM Front end? I LOOOOOVE your car! It's just sooo cool.
          If you have that, then I believe the last time I saw you was during the last road course event where you were kickin *** .

Comment

Sorry to disappoint you. No that ain't me. I have the totally stock 2000 yellow ITR. I think I was at that event, the road course solo II one though. I was the guy who went off hit the cone and smashed my washer bottle, looked like I cracked the rad but didn't. You can check me out on the CSCC forum, I have posted a picture of my car in the member section.

What r you driving, what class are you in?

Colin

Comment

Ahhh yellow ITR... lovely!

Don't exactly quite remember your car, but there aren't very many yellow Integs being used in what they were made for, sadly.

As for myself?
              Kinda pathetic... Rusted and Red 85 Corolla GTS coupe. Really stock and really tall ride height.
              The colour is subject to change though, if a bud of mine gets a welder, we're just gonna ghetto repair it and paint it battle style flat green. heheh.. should be really ugly.

Comment

Cool,

the GTS is a great car, lotsa potential and I have seen some really fast ones at VCMC events. Hope to see you out at the races.

Colin

Comment

I decided to join in on this forum for the same reasons as Randy..great people, great discussions, and the lack of message board on my clubs website. Heck, saskatoon doesn't even have a mailing list and the site hasn't been updated since sept, adn the results stopped being posted in june or july.
                  Lately it seems as tho alot of the guys in my club no longer want to help me since i'm competition for them now.

I've been lurking here for a little while, but now that race season is getting near and i still have lots of mods to do and stuff to purchase, it seems that now is a good time to join in the festivities here.

Anyone here make it to the Saskatoon Super Slalom in 2000 or 2001?

Dennis
                  Dennis Beck
                  Saskatoon Sports Car Club

75 Celica FSP
                  91 Miata (retired)
                  93 MR2 Turbo (retired)
                  85 MR2 (retired)

Comment

I'm glad that people from other parts of the autocrossing world are coming here for advice and info. We are realy lucky to have not only a strong club but a strong community in autocrossing on the west coast.

It does take a bit of human effort to maintain forums and websites and some of you guys in the smaller regions simply don't have the resources. Which is all the more resaon to get more people involved in the sport. We're glad to have you participate and it gives us insight as to what's going on in your part of the country.

-c.
                    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

It's great to see a diverse group of people discussing racing in such a detailed manner. We do have a great bunch of racers here in B.C. and as more people join from across Canada, it demonstrates that there are great people there too

For the folks that are outside of B.C., you may want to consider signing up for a membership for several reasons:

1. You get access to the member's only section which is under construction right now. This area includes videos from our tech sessions, racing documentation and other features I don't want to give away just yet.

2. You get access to Fastlines, our club's online magazine. The magazine is currently undergoing major changes and will be online in the near/mid term future.

3. It helps the club's finances

It is great to see you guys on here and I hope that more will join us from other provinces. You're welcome to stay, have fun and bring your friends, but membership does have its privileges

To sign up for a membership, click on "Join Us" above and you can mail in your membership and payment.

Farzaan
                      President,
                      VCMC Motorsport Club
                      Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
                      HD YouTube track videos

Comment

thanks for the welcome..i appreciate it. Its really nice to be able to hang and discuss car stuff with other die hard enthusiasts.
                        Dennis Beck
                        Saskatoon Sports Car Club

75 Celica FSP
                        91 Miata (retired)
                        93 MR2 Turbo (retired)
                        85 MR2 (retired)

Comment

Working...
                        X