Hi there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi there...

hi everyone, i am new here, just wanted to know how fun is it to be in here!

hey there! (nice choice of car you got there. )

Welcome to the club.

Comment

thanks! my family have owned a few VW before(89' Jetta, 90 Passat B3, 92 Golf and 97 Cabrio) i've driven the B3 Passat for quite a while, i used to have a Silver Golf MKIV before this, i got that for 26 days, then got into an accident and total lossed it...

say, you know that there's a VW Club of Vancouver?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Golfson:
        hi everyone, i am new here, just wanted to know how fun is it to be in here! <hr></blockquote>

Welcome,

Have been out to any of our events yet?

Guido
        Competition Director,
        VCMC Motorsport Club

Comment

nope, not yet... i don't know how it works...

Comment

well, come to the next close club event and people will help you. Most people are friendly, I've only went the event once and meet a lot of nice person

Comment

Golfson, that's cool. My family has a B5 1.8t and my dad has owned a coupla old school air cooled Beetles from the 60s and 70s.

There's quite a few vw's in VCMC, A2, A3, A4 are well-represented. Come and grab me next time you're out, I drive a black MKIV Jetta 2.0. I don't bite.. (usually).

as for VW Club of Vancouver, I heard their club meets are boring and their cruise days usually turn into group speeding events, so I never checked them out.

As for VCMC events, just look at this site, keep an eye out for the Events section and come out to any one of the events. You can even sign up for an membership on site. 99% of the people I meet out there are nice.

cya
              Leslie

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dnf:
                as for VW Club of Vancouver, I heard their club meets are boring and their cruise days usually turn into group speeding events, so I never checked them out.<hr></blockquote>

Seems the VW club scene in Vancouver has dropped off somewhat these days. Used to be, the VW clubs were very active and into autocrossing and drag racing w/ a whole bunch of really fast air-cooled drag cars. What happened to "Drivers Wanted?"

My VW history..
                '68 Type 3 'squareback'
                '72 Type 2 Westfalia
                '74 Type 1 Beetle (customized w/ big motor)
                '75 Mk1 Scirocco (worst POS we've ever owned)
                '70 Type 3 Squareback (lowered to the ground)
                '85 Jetta 2dr (FSS autocross car)
                '98 Jetta 4dr (ES and FSS autocross car)
                '92 Passat G60 Syncro wagon (I miss it )

-c.
                Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cliffy:
                  What happened to "Drivers Wanted?"<hr></blockquote>

"Driver's Wanted.... Still Looking."

Greg "Nissan. Driven." Wellwood
                  This doesn't put food on your table, it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
                  -=- Lethal Locost -=- Lethal Locost 2 -=- V8 Firefly -=- Crusty Chevy -=-

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>As for VCMC events, just look at this site, keep an eye out for the Events section and come out to any one of the events. You can even sign up for an membership on site. 99% of the people I meet out there are nice.<hr></blockquote>

And the other 1% is me! Grrrrrrrr!

Even if you don't run at the next couple events you should come out and meet a few fellow farfrommovin' drivers and they will most likely help show you the ropes.

Comment

I can show you the ropes, but you'll be learning from the bad examples this way

Comment

Working...
                      X