please help calculate SP points for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help calculate SP points for me

I had never really calculated the mod points on my car and I just go to the class people tell me to go to at the events...and now that I look at the rule book it's very difficult to understand (not to mention it's very long) so I thought if I list out my mods here maybe someone can tell me what class I should go to and how many mod points do I really have.
    I never knew about autoX when I started the project so I didn't have the rulebook in mind when I started to mod...anyways here's the list:

Toyota Corolla GT-S RWD AE86
    Engine:
    K&N FIPK intake
    NGK sparkplug wires
    performance(tm) radiator (direct replacement)
    Flex-A-Lite electric fan conversion
    TRD 0.8mm headgasket
    Vision cat-back exhaust
    Toda 3.7kg chromoly flywheel
    ACT street clutch

Suspension:
    kg/mm springs 4 corners
    Koni shocks 4 corners
    Cusco panhard rod
    Cusco rear upper links
    Cusco rear tower bar
    Whiteline front tower bar

Others:
    some aftermarket fuel tank (direct replacement)
    Sparco Sprint bucket seats
    removed carpets (upholstery remained so are the rear seats)
    +1 in wheels and tires package.
    cosmetics things like shift knob, pedals and steering wheels etc.

The main concern after reading the rulebook is that my car seems to fit into F/SS IF the clutch is not counted in. I therefore classed myself into F/SP. But recently an F/SP AutoXer tells me that if the clutch is a factory replacement without change in the way it engages or functions (like replacing ur stock clutch with a triple plate racing clutch) then the clutch should not count as a mod...so what is this the CACC's stand on this?

Under the current rules and interpretation you are well into SP.

Suspension 3pts
    Engine 4pts
    Interior 2pts
    Seats 2pts

Total 11pts

Comment

oh a typo there
      only 1 replacement seat

for the interior part how does it break down to? a removal of carpet alone costs 2pts?

so I still total 10points right? and what is the limit of mod points in SP again? 15??

Also anyone have a clear interpretation on the clutch part I mentioned before? sounds kind of iffy...
      thanks.

[ February 16, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: 1985trueno86 ]

Comment

On the seat, 1pt per seat.

On the interior, 2pts any or all interior pannels, dashboard, headliiner, carpet, sun visors........

On the clutch, Drive Train, SS 2pts on the flywheel, SP no pts. The ACT disc SP no pts.

SP 15pts maximum prep points allowed.

Comment

What if my friend has the same car currently in SS class with the ACT clutch set identical to mine then how will it add up to be?

i.e. how does clutch count in SS?
          Thanks.

Comment

No points assigned, not allowed in SS only clutch disks that meets stock materials, dimensions, and specifications are allowed. ACT disks exceed stock specifications.

Comment

I see
              how about ACT pressure plate with stock disc?

Comment

No points assigned, not allowed in SS only pressure plates that meets stock materials, dimensions, and specifications are allowed. ACT pressure plates exceed stock specifications.

Comment

I just installed a LSD into my car.
                  no points are assessed for OEM LSD if it did come with some of the car of the same model when it rolled off the production line correct?

Comment

Read 6.7.E.
                    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

I think you may be better off looking at how you can MAX out your points in FSP because your car will never be an FSS car unless you do some major downgrading. You have 15 points to play with. USE THEM ALL!

Otherwise you'll be stuck with only a partially prepped car.

Originally posted by 1985trueno86:
                      I just installed a LSD into my car.
                      no points are assessed for OEM LSD if it did come with some of the car of the same model when it rolled off the production line correct?
                      Mason
                      ----------

Comment

LSD is free in SP and Mod.

Marc: Are you sure about the flywheel? I see it as being 2 points in SP no matter how I read the rules.

I'd like an official interpretation on this, as this was a mod that I eliminated from my list to meet the 15 points in SP.

Comment

Read rule 6.5.C.V. b and c
                          then read 6.7.E

If you take the 4 points for engine mods no points for the flywheel change in SP.

[ March 21, 2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Marc Sasso ]

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
                            [QB] I think you may be better off looking at how you can MAX out your points in FSP because your car will never be an FSS car unless you do some major downgrading. You have 15 points to play with. USE THEM ALL!

Otherwise you'll be stuck with only a partially prepped car.
                            hmmm only budget allows...but this freebie (points-wise) LSD has made the car a completely different thing. Anyone who drives a 86 without an LSD hasn't driven a 86 yet. I'm expecting major improvement in times. (oh if you have been to UBCSCC's event you should be able to spot a red/black 86 peeling rubber on all cross overs in 2nd gear, how pathetic is that)

I'd love to get some pointers as to what I should do next something that will cause some major improvements in the car's performance within the budget of 5pts. Any 4AGE guru here?

Comment

But when I read 6,5,C,V,C, it says transaxle mods are limited to the area from the input shaft to the axles. The flywheel is outside of those limits.

Comment

Working...
                              X