please help calculate SP points for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaker:
    But when I read 6,5,C,V,C, it says transaxle mods are limited to the area from the input shaft to the axles. The flywheel is outside of those limits.
    Flywheel comes under 6.7.E: 2pts. if flywheel is the only modification, or it's included if you've done the internal engine stuff for 4pts.

-c.
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985trueno86:
      oh if you have been to UBCSCC's event you should be able to spot a red/black 86 peeling rubber on all cross overs in 2nd gear, how pathetic is that

I'd love to get some pointers as to what I should do next something that will cause some major improvements in the car's performance within the budget of 5pts. Any 4AGE guru here?
      1. Seat time and autocross school. Won't cost you any points and results in a big drop in times.

2. "Suspension:
      kg/mm springs 4 corners
      Koni shocks 4 corners
      Cusco panhard rod
      Cusco rear upper links
      Cusco rear tower bar
      Whiteline front tower bar"

From this list, I guess you only have stock swaybars. Swaybars are very important for a good autocross car. 1pt ea.

-c.

Comment

Would header fall under the same consideration as the flywheel when taking the 4 points for "internal engine mods"?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker:
          Would header fall under the same consideration as the flywheel when taking the 4 points for "internal engine mods"?
          Alternate exhaust manifolds are separately listed and do not fall into the sme treatment.

Comment

I don't even know why I asked that question. Its pretty clear in the rules.

Comment

I raced against you in F/SP in the UBCSCC Slush Series...a major improvement for your car would be a good set of R compound tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty:
                I raced against you in F/SP in the UBCSCC Slush Series...a major improvement for your car would be a good set of R compound tires.
                Amen to that!

Battery relocation to the rear helps to balance the weight distro and put mre weight on the drivewheels. I recommend doing that. Header will save alot of weight too. If you are already taking 4pts for internal engine mods, you might as well get some cams (264's with mild lift) which will make some use of the header as well.
                Dennis Beck
                Saskatoon Sports Car Club

75 Celica FSP
                91 Miata (retired)
                93 MR2 Turbo (retired)
                85 MR2 (retired)

Comment

Well, I had the pleasure of driving Pat's car at the last UBC event and I would agree with him that the LSD should make a huge difference in his car. The two of us can basically break the tires loose at will

Comment

Working...
                  X