No announcement yet.

DSP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the clarification Cliff. Looks like another twist in my plans for the season. Never thought I'd end up in FSS one day, but here I am! Should be fun

DSS/DSP can now breath easy :P

Originally posted by Cliffy:
    Mason,

With the listing of "NOC" in FSS/SP, it would seem redundant to interpret the rule as you presented in the second case. "Civic VTEC, SOHC and DOHC ('96+)" means VTEC's in either SOHC or DOHC format are in DSS/SP.

-c.
    Mason
    ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Son Of Skyline:
      Thanks for the clarification Cliff. Looks like another twist in my plans for the season. Never thought I'd end up in FSS one day, but here I am! Should be fun

DSS/DSP can now breath easy :P
      Bah, go FSP, you'll own that class!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker:
        Brakes are free in street prepared. So is the transmission. If you want to stay in Super Stock, you'll have to switch the transmission back. The tranny change is not permitted in Super Stock. If you keep the EL tranny, you have to run in street prepared, and then you might as well keep the header (2 points). The exhaust is free in any class (including stock). The coilovers are 3 points, and now you can pretty much do anything you want to the suspension, and not pick up any more points (except for the swaybars). Your car will be classed in FSP.
        thx for the input

what if a B16A swap? will i go to mod or DSP?

since that will be a DOHC VTEC...

still dunno what i am going to do w/ sway bars, new coilover and rear disc swap yet...

all i know is i will stay away from Mason

Comment

Since your car is not on the same line as the 96-00 Vtec Civics, then you would end up in Mod with a B16 swap.

In DSP, on separate lines:
          Civic Si DOHC VTEC ('99-'00)
          Civic SOHC VTEC ('92-'95)
          Civic VTEC, SOHC and DOHC ('96+)
          delSol ('93-'97)

In FSP, on separate lines:
          Civic ('73-'79)
          Civic ('80-'83)
          Civic ('92-'95) NOC
          Civic ('96+) NOC
          CRX 1300 & Civic 1300 ('84-'87)

Comment

Unfortunately, the "same line" clause does not work up here, only SCCA. There is a little different "update-backdate" rule to follow.
            To sum it up, if it is the exact same body shape and style, you're not changing the number of valves or cams, it's a complete swap, and it's a bolt in, you can do it. The car will end up what ever class the first one was from.

Comment

Originally posted by Sead:
              Unfortunately, the "same line" clause does not work up here, only SCCA. There is a little different "update-backdate" rule to follow.
              To sum it up, if it is the exact same body shape and style, you're not changing the number of valves or cams, it's a complete swap, and it's a bolt in, you can do it. The car will end up what ever class the first one was from.
              thx for your reply...that was what i heard before yet i doubt i will be doing this for this season yet

Comment

Working...
              X