Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Several newbish AutoX questions

Originally posted by motoring
    Do you have to be a VCMC member to attend the practice on May 1st? Thinking I might need some concrete time before the Atwater Pro.
    Yes, you have to be VCMC member for the May 1st event. New Member are $40, which include your 1st event.

Comment

If I decide to come at the last minute, can I join on site?
      Keith
      Something blue and sparkly
      www.chaserace.com
      www.tightntidyracing.com

Comment

Signing up onsite is no problem at all - tech closes at 8:30 and we try to get the first car out at 9:00. It will be really great to have you up here again - we have to know how fast we need to drive to keep all the Americans from taking our trophies at the Kumho Super Challenge
        Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
        "On a break" from autocross

Comment

A good description of how PAX works:
          http://www.wpg-autox.org/info/docs/P...0Example.shtml

Comment

so is may 1 "open" only to novices in NCT?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker
              Except for the grandfathering of CACC Street Prepared for 2005 and 2006.
              thats what I was asking about. What do you mean by that? I've read and understand both the old CACC DSP classifcations, and the SCCA ones.

Thanks for the clarrification on the other issues. Damn, no NTC compeition for me I guess.
              86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

By "grandfathering", Jacques means that in order to ease the transition to SCCA car preparation rules, the CACC members voted to keep the traditional CACC SP preparation rules open as an option to competitors in addition to SCCA SP.

In other words, when you register for an event run by a CACC club (ie. VCMC / UBCSCC / BCMA) you have the option to run under CACC SP or SCCA SP classes - they will be considered separate classes in timing and scoring. This will be in affect for 2005 and 2006.
                Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
                "On a break" from autocross

Comment

excellent! So if I say I'm in CACC DSP I get to keep my fiberglass hood with getting bumped to mod then. Thats awesome, thanks for the info.
                  86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

so I ran DSP CACC for NCT1.... and I was the only one in my class That kinda sucks, I wonder how many people will be actually competing in DSP CACC.

On the bright side, I was fastest in my class
                    86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

DSP is usually pretty competitive. You don't have to worry.
                      If I keep changing colors... I just might win a jacket!

Comment

But what about the "grandfathered" old CACC ruled DSP. Thats what I ran in, no one else did. What about you? Isn't your carbon hood the only thing putting you into street mod? Thats the only reason I'm going with the old CACC SP classes, I don't want to ditch my fiberglass hood or run in street mod.
                        86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

you'll have more fun in a high-competition class & learn more.

Keep it in mind.

It's plenty fun to win, but not so much when you're all alone!
                          (I ran in B/SS all alone back n the day when I still had my Datsun).
                          Swift DB1 Formula Ford - trophy collection machine (co driver)
                          2006 Lotus Elise - daily driver
                          2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 - cycling racer
                          1/4 of a Dodge Neon Chumpcar - because I didn't want to risk saving money.
                          1992 Acura Integra LS - for those other days (or when I need a trunk)

2014 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - King of the Hill
                          2012 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - New record FF1600, 2nd Overall
                          2011 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - Record holder FF1600, 3rd Overall.
                          2011 SCCA National Championship - 3 cars, 2 classes, I have no idea...
                          2010 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
                          2009 SCCA National Championship - 2nd CM
                          2009 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
                          2005 Canadian National Champion - CSP
                          http://twitter.com/RiskAce

Comment

yeah I know. I'm just getting to the point where I'm starting to be a little competitve in SP though (at least at local practice events). Going into SM with this car means finishing dead last every time . Maybe I'll just pull the hood off and run SCCA DSP for any competition events.
                            86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

Working...
                            X