Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandy lam
    • Mar 2024

car number

I was reading Mr. president's post and he said we should be perpared to put our car numbers and car class on our car. However, I was wondering about the #, is it the # that was posted in last event's result? If so, that's kinda confusing because there were more than one person w/ the same number but they were driving different cars. Also, can we pick our own number? I want to pick 555 as my car number
  • Bigger is Better
    • Sep 2001

One thing that wasnt mentioned was that before you go and buy decals/magnetics that you should get a "region" number, these numbers are the ones that will be used for the championship series/BC Champ event/ and most open events. They are assigned by CACC when you buy your license.

If you had a CACC License last year you will will have the same number if you re-apply (after June the number can be used again if you dont re-apply).

For you new guys without a CACC Solo competition license, VCMC should assign will number for the closed club event (usually over 200??).

If you are want to reserve your number for all events you will need to get a CACC license (you should get one anyways). You can find the license application on CACC's website (link on our link page).
    Johnny
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc5rpSGwXlM

Comment

• Yarko
      Velocity Director
      • Jul 2001

I've been using my # for a while now and the last few years i've been using these magnetic numbers which are no slowly dying...they were pretty expensive last time so i wonder if anyone has any hookups for car # magnets etc. ?
      Swift DB1 Formula Ford - trophy collection machine (co driver)
      2006 Lotus Elise - daily driver
      2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 - cycling racer
      1/4 of a Dodge Neon Chumpcar - because I didn't want to risk saving money.
      1992 Acura Integra LS - for those other days (or when I need a trunk)

2014 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - King of the Hill
      2012 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - New record FF1600, 2nd Overall
      2011 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - Record holder FF1600, 3rd Overall.
      2011 SCCA National Championship - 3 cars, 2 classes, I have no idea...
      2010 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
      2009 SCCA National Championship - 2nd CM
      2009 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
      2005 Canadian National Champion - CSP
      http://twitter.com/RiskAce

Comment

• Neon Racer
        VP Alumni
        • Jun 2001

I had my magnetics made by a co-workers brother. Cost is entirely dependent on how big you want the numbers, how many colours you want, etc. I can dig up his email address for you.

Comment

• sandy lam

so basicly there's no way that i can choose my own #?

Comment

• Guido

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sandy lam:
            so basicly there's no way that i can choose my own #?<hr></blockquote>

I think the CACC numbers only go to 300. It may be possible to choose a number that hasn't been taken between 0-300, 555 falls outside of that so unless things change you're probably out of luck. However for our Closed Club event 555 shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• fc-racer
              Ex-President
              • Jun 2001

Car numbers that are already defined for this weekend's event. All other drivers will be assigned a number at registration.

Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
              HD YouTube track videos

Comment

• sandy lam

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fc-racer:
                Car numbers that are already defined for this weekend's event. All other drivers will be assigned a number at registration.

<hr></blockquote>

Thank you for reserving that number for me.

Comment

• Don Bourne

Luckily you didn't have to repaint the car

Comment

Working...