2015 BC Autoslalom Championship - August 1-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 BC Autoslalom Championship - August 1-2

2015 BC Autoslalom Championship presented by Bridgestone & Aria Auto Service

VCMC Motorsports Club is proud to host the 2015 BC AutoSlalom Championship presented by Bridgestone and Aria Auto Service. This event is taking place at the JIBC/YPK Integrated Training Centre in Pitt Meadows, BC. With grid and pit space on the Pitt Meadows Airstrip, we will be taking full advantage of the 10 acre asphalt pad. This is the premier event of the 2015 season for VCMC and will be home to the best competition North of the 49th.

Location: JIBC/ YPK Integrated Training Centre (Pitt Meadows Airport) - Double Pad + Runway for Grid & Parking

>> Registration Link << (Registration closes at Midnight on July 30)
    No drop ins, online registration only.

Entry Fees: $110
    Requirement: CACC Autoslalom License or SCCA membership (SCCA is only accepted for Non BC resident)
    If you need to register for a CACC membership ($15) please follow this link: 2015 CACC Autoslalom Licence Application.

Note that you will need to provide a proof of membership from an ASN affilliated club. If you need a VCMC membership card please email: [email protected]. If you are not a current member we will issue you a weekend membership at no additional cost.
    Also note that you do NOT need need to wait to receive your CACC card to sign up for the event.

Schedule: UPDATED!
    Saturday, Aug 1
    7:45 AM - Gate Open, Course is open for walks
    8:00 to 9:30 AM - Tech & Check in
    9:40 AM - Course is closed
    9:45 AM - Drivers Meeting
    10:00 AM - Start of Day 1 AM Session
    12:30 PM - Lunch break
    1:00 PM - Day 1 PM Course is open for walks.
    1:30 PM - Start of Day 1 PM Session
    4:15 PM - Fun Runs
    6:00 PM - Dinner on site
    7:00 PM - Course is open for walks

Sunday, Aug 2
    7:30 AM - Gate Open, Course is open for walks
    9:20 AM - Course is closed
    9:30 AM - Start of Day 2 AM Session
    12:00 PM - Lunch break
    12:30 PM - Day 2 PM Course is open for walks.
    1:00 PM - Start of Day 2 PM Session
    3:30 PM - Trophies
    4:00 PM - Fun Runs
    5:30 PM - Clean up

Format: UPDATED!
    • Each day will be split in a morning and afternoon Session.
    • Each Session will have a different course.
    • 3 runs per Session.
    • Final times will be based on the combined fastest times of all 4 sessions.

So in summary: 2 Days, 4 Courses, 12 Runs!

Rules: This event will be run under CACC rules. Please read the Supplemental Regulations

Classing:
    If you don't know your class please refer to SCCA rules or post your car details in this thread and we will help you.

Car Numbers
    Car numbers are mandatory for this event. (No class letters required)
    Size: Each digit making up the number must be a minimum 15 cm high, and 2.5 cm wide throughout.
    Location: Anywhere on the car side between the wheels. Windows are NOT an valid location.

Only registrations submitted before July 23 are guaranteed to receive the vinyl numbers they have entered.

Printed paper numbers attached with masking tape are acceptable. (e.g. Arial Black size 600)

Food:
    Food will be available on site both day and there will be a BBQ at the end of the day Saturday.

BC Driving Centre sound policy:
    Any vehicles exceeding 92dB measured at 50 feet or showing excessive tire squealing may be asked to stop running by the organizers.
    Please be mindful of your open wastegates.

Camping:
    RV, Motorhome and tents are welcome. Please be aware there is no water or electricity on site and that fires are not allowed. Camping will be on the pad so if you are planning on using a tent bring some weights as you won't be able to use tent pegs.

Volunteering:
    Please keep in mind VCMC is a non-profit organization run by volunteers.
    Events will only run as smoothly as you are willing to contribute.

If you have any questions please post them in this thread or contact one of the club execs.

Stay tuned for more information.
    Last edited by Fab; July 31, 2015, 13:27.
    VCMC Events Schedule - VCMC Facebook page

Re: 2015 BC Autoslalom Championship - August 1-2

Supplemental Regulations
    Last edited by Fab; July 14, 2015, 22:31.

Comment

Chair: Fab & Matt

Course Design: David Cross

Chief of Worker: Dave Twitchet

Morning Waiver 7:30 - 8:30: Ray Fletcher
      Morning Waiver 8:30 - 9:30: Jordan Valgardson

Tech 8:00 - 8:45: Don Nimi
      Tech 8:45 - 9:30: Karl Rynas

Setup Crew:
      • Ben Neale
      • Daymon Krotez
      • John Krotez
      • John Galuska
      Last edited by Fab; July 29, 2015, 22:44.

Comment

So I am guessing that the BC Champs Autoslam doesn't have a Novice group for trophies like we do for Autocross cup days, correct? I guess I will be competing against everyone in STX then?

Comment

Originally posted by JValgardson View Post
          So I am guessing that the BC Champs Autoslam doesn't have a Novice group for trophies like we do for Autocross cup days, correct? I guess I will be competing against everyone in STX then?
          You will race in your class / group, but we will be handing out trophies for Novices.

Comment

Hi,
            I would like to help with setup on the Friday. what time would setup start at?

Regards,
            Bradley Erickson

Comment

John galuska in for course setup and can tow the friday but not the Sunday (insurance is out on the 31st)
              "The way money goes so fast these days, they should paint racing stripes on it."

Comment

OK, I just came from Motorsportsreg to see how the numbers are coming along for this event. Whoa, there are only 46 entered so far...what's up people???? Don't like the competitive nature of this type of event; or is it that pesky CACC license? I hope not, it's only $15 dollars and it does help Autoslalom across BC for events like this one. You can sign up on line and you won't need to have the actual license in hand to run. Really though, it's only a week away.
                1990 Honda CRX Si - STS

Comment

Wow, that's sad! C'mon people. Let's get a serious turnout for some good competition!

Comment

Any word on the schedule? Specifically what the plan is for Friday. Wanting to decide whether I should take the day off or not.

Hopefully everyone is waiting to register at the last minute, otherwise the rest of us get lots of runs I guess.

Glen

Comment

Schedule has been added.

Most of the locals like to wait for the last minute to sign up. We typically see 50% off attendees register in the last few days before the event.

Comment

No incentive to register early......so why register early

Memo to club....early-bird registration date - then the price goes up. That would give you a much better idea of how many people to expect.

However.... a little more info might help...

What are the prizes? I found mention of trophies in the supp regs, but what else? Bridgestone is listed as a sponsor are they giving away tires or anything? Anything else to get excited about?

What about the CACC licence? Having to buy that makes this more expensive than two regular events, more than Cdn Nats, and more than Packwood NT.....what does CACC do for us? Some explanation might make people feel better about spending the money. Especially since out of province can use memberships that some of us already have.

Go to the CACC licence page and it says that it takes them 2 weeks to process a licence....there isn't that much time left. How many people has that scared away?

And on that note - I applied for a CACC licence on April 23 - they charged my credit card that day, but no licence, no email, no acknowledgement.....nothing....so it's possible people are waiting for some kind of notification from CACC before they register.

Car numbers etc... It adds even more expense for something that some people will likely never use again. And no doubt come race day there will be people with masking tape, window paint and all other versions of technically illegal classes/numbers as usual. Seems unnecessary for an event of this size...
                        Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS

Comment

Agreed we should have done an early bird pricing.

More info on Prizes will be posted next week, still ironing some details.

Sure it's slightly more expensive than 2 regulars Autox but you also get more for your money:
                          • Longer course (Parking and Grid will be on the Runway)
                          • Extended hours. 3 competitive runs followed by non-competitive runs running until 6PM
                          • Trophies & Prizes
                          • Dinner & Beer

Packwood is more expensive once you do the math. Entry + SCCA weekend membership x exchange rate = CAD 163

CACC License, you just need to register for it. We will ask CACC for the list of people who registered.
                          Since this is a CACC sanctioned event they cover the trophy costs.

CACC membership has always been mandatory for BC Champs, main difference this year is that we were not able to include it in the entry price due to some CACC system change.

Overall entry price increase, compared to previous years is actually due to the runway rental price increase for 2015. Which is one more reason to sign up for this event since it's unlikely we will rent the runway again anytime soon if the price remain the same.

Regarding numbers while shoe polish is not acceptable. Printed paper numbers attached with masking tape are acceptable. (e.g. Arial Black size 600)

Comment

How do you register for the CACC license on the link you posted ?? It stalls on Club Membership card as I have not received a UBC or VCMC card for the past few years ???

Karl.....the problem is there is NOT really any seriousness to this event to many of the regular "serious" competitors that just came back from Tour or the Pro, or heading off to Nationals.....

IMO, I see it as a test session where if I'm lucky, I'll have one other person in class showing up to play with, then just spend the afternoon testing the car. Having NUMBERS of runs to the serious people does nothing to enhance the level of competition.. If we wanted seat time, I'd run a Corvette or PCA event locally, or headed back down to Packwood this weekend to run NWA, where I can get 50-80 runs over a weekend if I had the energy, time, tires and fuel.

And as Brian states, why allow SCCA licenses for US competitors only, when there are more SCCA card holders up here than CACC solo license holders I GUARANTEE it. (I see the licensing issue more of a nuisance/pet peeve for a lot of the senior drivers who have been around the politics of the local racing scene and have gotten jaded from the pure standpoint of what does CACC do for us ?? When senior CACC board members, stewards and execs NEVER come out to see local Auto-x's and how our local auto-x scene is constantly changing and progressing with respect to technology and rules, they have NEVER been to the US or competed down south - they are truly out of touch with our discipline and how it should be run. YET they expect us to step back into the stone ages of rules and classes and how racing may have been run locally 10-15 years ago. .... (I rant....but I can, as I WROTE the last set of Solo rules almost 10 YEARS AGO - that has not been changed, updated or amended !! LOL )

Fab: Assuming you will have scales on site setup EARLY for weighing SM, Mod and Prepared classes ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fab View Post
                              If you need to register for a CACC membership ($15) please follow this link: 2015 CACC Autoslalom Licence Application.

Note that you will need to provide a proof of membership from an ASN affilliated club. If you need a VCMC membership card please email: [email protected]. If you are not a current member we will issue you a weekend membership at no additional cost.
                              Also note that you do NOT need need to wait to receive your CACC card to sign up for the event.
                              Scales will be ready at the same time as Tech.

Comment

Working...
                              X