Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Tour Question

Hi,

Wondering if previous participants can shed some light on this.

1) Do we need to join SCCA for the whole year to register or is there a day license for just the single event?

2) Does anyone have a current SCCA GCR I can peruse do see if I fit in SM2?

TIA.

"Keeping OPEC profitable since 1995..."

To run at National Tour, you need a SCCA membership. Most likely, you can only get a full membership. I seem to remember that SCCA-NWR use to offer a trial membership for less $$. Mike-L can you clarify?

SCCA Classing info can be found here:

http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/Rule..._modified.html
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

I am pretty sure Lawrence got to run at Bremerton last year with a trial membership but I think you can only do that once.

I highly recommend attending the Bremerton one if you get a chance. At Atwater two weekends ago, we pumped through 276 cars in a 45s course from 9:00 to 4:30. They were letting cars out every 22 to 25 seconds. You will get to see all sorts of neat cars and top level driving

Hedwig, I've got the 2002 rule book that you can borrow but I am sure your car will fit into SM2. Min weight for you is 2200 lbs.

Alex

Comment

Thx guys....wrt rules, i was more concerned w/ ECU changes. ASP didnt allow ECU that also control boost (which all turbo ecu's control). It wasnt clear whether they accepted that in SM2 or not. But i guess it may be a moot point cuz slow guyz usually fly under the radar.

Comment

Section 18.1.D
          "Drivetrain and related components (induction, ingnition, fuel systems, etc.) are unrestricted except for the following limitations:

1. Engine block must be a production unit.... (discussion on legality of engine swaps like an ITR engine in a Civic is OK and displacements limits such as 1.5l for rotary)

2. Must comply with Section 3.6.6 regarding fuel

I am sure your car (and Rich H.'s) is legal in SM2

Alex

Comment

Thx again!

Comment

You can buy an SCCA temporary/trial membership for $15(US). It's good for 90 days and there is no limit on the number you can buy. The region buys the memberships and then resells them. We don't usually keep a lot on hand (5-6), so if that is your intention, let me know and I'll make sure we have one for you.

An alternative for those under 26 years old is a "Speed Freakz" membership. It's only $25(US) for the entire year and includes all the normal benefits (magazine, region newsletter, etc.). The application form for that is on the Northwest Region web site.

--Mike

[ May 16, 2002: Message edited by: Mike-L ]</p>

Comment

Hi Mike,

Andre and I are planning on going to Bremerton this year. Could you save 2 temporary licenses for us?

Thank you!

Who else will be going to Bremerton this year?

~hyedie

Comment

I'm planning to go and play with the Geokes (sp) and the other S2000's. Sort of like a mouse playing with a bunch of cats, guess who the mouse is.

I will have to find someone to haul my tires and wheels down there and back for me though.
                  (hint hint)

ernest
                  "Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them" Marvin the Martian

Comment

Hello Mike and Hyedie,

I would also like to go this year, if it is possible can I reserve a trial membership, please.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mike-L:
                      You can buy an SCCA temporary/trial membership for $15. It's good for 90 days and there is no limit on the number you can buy. The region buys the memberships and then resells them. We don't usually keep a lot on hand (5-6), so if that is your intention, let me know and I'll make sure we have one for you.

--Mike
                      <hr></blockquote>

Mike, could you please hold one for me? Thx. (Can I still join speed freak if ppl think i'm under 26 )

Comment

Ooh...tires. Any trailer ppl willing to rent space to transport a set of wheels/tires down?

Comment

Working...
                        X