Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCMC 2021 AutoX Trial Run @Mission Kart Track

VCMC 2021 AutoX Trial @Mission - Sunday, June 13, 2021

We have a new potential home for AutoX at Mission Raceway. The south east corner of the property serves as pitts parking for drag race events but also has an unused paved kart track. As a trial we are going to run a closed event to see if it will be suitable for a few events per year. Course design flexibility is limited so we will run out of unique courses quickly

There will be 2 run groups, both running a morning and afternoon session with a lunch break in the middle.

Location: Mission Raceway, South East Corner (32670 Dyke Rd, Mission, BC V2V 4J5)

Click image for larger version  Name:	AutoX KartX.JPG Views:	342 Size:	106.8 KB ID:	164355

>>Registration<< Closes Midnight Friday June 11th

No drop ins, online registration only.
    No First timers for this trial run. All entries will need to be approved by the event coordinator

Entry Fees:
    $50 early bird

*Membership is included. You automatically become a member when you register and attend an event.
    Please read the Supplemental Regulations.

Time:
    Gates open @ 7:30 am
    Tech closes @ 8:30am
    Reg check-in closes @ 8:30am
    Last wheel turns @ 5:30 pm

Auto-X Cup Groups:
    • Street (SS, AS, BS, FS, CS, DS, ES, GS, HS, HCS, )
    • Touring (STR, STP, STU, STF, STS, STX, STH, SSC)
    • Race (All Street Prepared, Prepared, Modified, SSR, SM, SSM, CAM Classes)
    • Ladies (Open to female competitors from any class)
    If you don't know your class please refer to SCCA rules or post your car details in this thread and we will help you.

Mission sound policy:
    Any vehicles exceeding 95dB measured at 50 feet or showing excessive tire squealing may be asked to stop running by the organizers.
    Please be mindful of your open wastegates.

Volunteering:
    Please keep in mind VCMC is a non-profit organization run by volunteers.
    Events will only run as smoothly as you are willing to contribute.

COVID-19 Precautions and Regulations

The procedures discussed below are subject to change and will follow BC CDC guidelines. Event participants and volunteers: All entrants are required to understand the risks associated with participating in an event during COVID-19 restrictions. Please take the time to plan accordingly prior to attending. If you are feeling un-well, show any symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever, sore throat, fatigue, muscle aches, or difficulty breathing), have had contact with another individual with symptoms, or are at higher risk for severe illness please stay home and do not attend the event or will be asked to head home. For those with allergies, it is recommended to bring anti-histamines during allergy season. A full refund or credit will be given to anybody who is unable to attend. This event is limited to 50 entrants, including volunteers and staff, therefore we will not be allowing spectators, additional photographers, pets, or any additional personnel. Any additional personnel will NOT be granted access. Physical distancing measures will be in place, specifically maintaining 2 meters (6 feet) distance between individuals. Anybody found to be disregarding or practicing insufficient physical distancing would be required to leave the event. We strongly recommend each participant bring his or her own mask, gloves and disinfectant. The volunteers will have backup masks should you need another. Hand washing will be available at the washroom provided by the facility and hand sanitizer will be available. Please remember to wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds. The washroom is a shared area, and will be disinfected regularly throughout the day. Loaner helmets and shared equipment will not be provided for the event. Our goal is to protect the wellbeing of all entrants and staff during the event.

Co-Driver's will be permitted. No ride-alongs unless you are co-driving or working the same work station as the driver (masks required). Masks must be worn at work stations.

If you have any questions please post them here or contact one of the club execs.
    Last edited by dtcaciuc; June 15, 2021, 20:04.

We need to fill the following positions, please post here if you'd like to take one. This will be your work assignment for the event.

Event Chair: Jordan Valgardson

Chief of Workers:

Course Design: Jordan Valgardson

Course Setup (Saturday @ 6:00PM):
    1. Dave Wilson
    2. Heidi Wilson

Course Cleanup: Arthur C

Tech: (Self Tech Forms)

Registration 1 (7:45 - 8:30):

Entry Control 1 (7:15 - 8:00): Mang Zhu
    Entry Control 1 (8:00 - 8:45): Carol Tagg

Event Towing: Towy McTowFAce

Chief of Timing:

Novice Leader Heat 1: N/A
    Novice Leader Heat 2: N/A
    Novice Leader Heat 3: N/A

Novice Walk: N/A
    Last edited by JValgardson; June 1, 2021, 12:41.

Comment

Dave and Heidi can help with setup if needed🥳🥳🪅🎊🎉

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Guys

Please put me down for doing course aet up, thanks Carol

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Carol

I can be there saturday to help setup as well.

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        3 will be enough for setup at this event. Any other preference?

Is there some way to sign up for a spot If there is a cancellation? I only just found out about this!

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        Messaged you privately

Jordan,

Thank you for this event. If you're short of people, I'd be happy to do two shifts. Eg. Morning Waivers and course worker.

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        That would be great Ben, I'll keep that in mind

I'll plan on doing course cleaning from gates open, but can certainly do additional assignments if we're short of people.
      Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
      "On a break" from autocross

Comment

• JValgardson
        JValgardson commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds Good. Your assigned Course Cleanup

Originally posted by svtcanuck View Post
      I can be there saturday to help setup as well.
      Anything else is fine. No worries.

Comment

Can do tech, waivers or morning registration!

Brian

Comment

• JValgardson
          JValgardson commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll get back to you on that.

Mang: Morning Waivers Shift 1

Comment

• JValgardson
          JValgardson commented
          Editing a comment
          Assigned. Renamed to Entry Control. Waivers will all be done prior to the event online and no spectators will be allowed.

Let me k ow how I can help as I’ll be attending.
        2002 ESP Camaro SS

Comment

I see that there are already over 50 attendees and MR just let me register. I assume this is an error?
          2002 ESP Camaro SS

Comment

• JValgardson
            JValgardson commented
            Editing a comment
            You've been placed on the waitlist

Thanks. Fingers crossed!
          2002 ESP Camaro SS

Comment

Sweet! I wish I could make this, I even live in Mission, but unfortunately my autox car is still in storage.

One thing I've been meaning to suggest for years if I ever had the ear of the owner of Mission Raceways, is pointing out that their parking lot area near the drag strip is HUGE. If they could ever justify paving it, they could OWN autox in the lower mainland and get other bookings (the $$$ ones) like the Pitt Meadows driving center gets.

Have fun all, I will try and make one of these go kart track events this year once I get my car de-mothballed. Hope it works out!
            Last edited by SupraFiend; June 10, 2021, 17:29.
            86 Black Toyota Supra.

Comment

Working...
            X