No announcement yet.

2022 Cup 1 - Results and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to be fair....since a few people have said they did not know the event wouldn't count.......

I was out on course during the cleanup and I was doing grid before/after the spill. I definitely heard Dimitri telling many people that there would be no cup points. In hindsight it might have been a good idea to call a drivers meeting to make sure everyone knew.

It's a tough call and at the end of the day I could see the ELT going either way.

Honestly considering the amount of oil we're lucky that it got cleaned up as well as it did. There was a lot of people with brooms, blowers etc out there for a long time to make it happen. At the very least we all did get our runs in - we could have been packing up to go home......
    Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS

Comment

Originally posted by 510 View Post
      Doesn't really change much.....but the 2010 Civic Si in GS and the Acura CSX Type S in STS should both be in STX.
      Almost identical cars.!
      KEN
      BLACK 1995 MIATA
      STREET TOURING SPORT

Comment

Honestly considering the amount of oil we're lucky that it got cleaned up as well as it did.
        Yes, for sure have to thank the ELT and event organizing team for doing a great job to keep things going as cars decided to shed parts, or decide that they suddenly need to go to the bushes for a pee.
        Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
        "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Wait... Was the course changed? 🤔
          Momo-Dean Chen

Velocity Director - VCMC
          Owner - Axon Driver Solutions

2008 Triumph Street Triple
          2008 Honda S2000 CR #187 or #173
          2012 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Estate
          2016 Gillard Kart - Rotax
          2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage Configuration: FR - FMR - MR - SUV - FMR - MR (2-wheel) - MR (2-wheel) - FR

Comment

Originally posted by Momo-Tiramisu View Post
            Wait... Was the course changed? 🤔
            Yes, we moved forward the edge of the sweeper kind of like this

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-25 233156.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	164698

Comment

Hey everyone,

I want to say that I've heard you and I understand the frustration, however Cup 1 results will not count towards overall points.

It is possible that we could've made a more optimal call on how to proceed after the spill. I will readily admit that I am neither an expert on SCCA Solo rules nor have I deal with such situations in the past, however I was very aware that even minor variations in the course can have great effect when people are fighting over fractions of a second (and many of them feel very strongly about it too! 😄) There was also a matter of Heat 1 having to run their last two runs on cold tires vs Heat 2 & 3 doing 5 runs in a row. Finally, I did not want to lose any more daylight and went with the idea that seemed like it would work for most participants.

Ultimately, the decision was made and it will cause even more frustration if we go back on it. I take full responsibility for that and insufficient communication of the change to everyone. Rest assured that ELT took notes and we'll have a better playbook for such scenarios if they ever occur again.

Now, let's hope for good weather on May 14 🙂

Comment

• JValgardson
                JValgardson commented
                Editing a comment
                Well said and handled! Fully agree.

Solid explanation. Agree or not I'm sure most people will understand a decision had to be made in the heat of the moment.

I respect the honesty - good job!

And again - big thanks to everyone who got the spill cleaned up. It really would have sucked to just pack up and go home.
              Brian Hemming | 1990 Mazda Miata - CSP | 1993 Mazda MX6 - HS

Comment

Originally posted by arthurc View Post

I also did not receive this communication. While we are at it - is BS supposed to be in Power rather than Quick as per this post? Or is there a change for 2022? https://forum.vcmc.ca/forum/racing-e...1-class-groups
                seems logical. some BS cars are >400hp

Comment

Great event, despite challenges! The execs did an excellent job handling the changes. I almost forgot how much fun autocross was... good to get back to it.
                  Mazda Demio - STF

Comment

Originally posted by arthurc View Post

While we are at it - is BS supposed to be in Power rather than Quick as per this post? Or is there a change for 2022? https://forum.vcmc.ca/forum/racing-e...1-class-groups
                    Yesterday, we had a discussion and made a decision to put BS back to Power group. I'll update the results accordingly.

Comment

Working...
                    X