Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it too late to plan to go for NT(Seattle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex chiu
    replied
    Neon Racer:

They setup a small ~25 to 30 sec course so out of towners can get used to the surface. It is cheap but you are expected to work a shift.

Audi200tq:

There is dinner on Saturday after competition. You can buy dinner tickets if you want. It is normally included in the cost of the event so competitors don't pay. I think Cliff and Dawn will be coming down on Saturday to watch and attend the dinner.

Alex

Leave a comment:

• Neon Racer
    replied
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fc-racer:
    Darren and I are now signed up for Tour. We're running in SM class. All of the drivers heading down, keep in mind that the site is Ashpalt which is like that black patch we put the Chicago box in, really slippery compared to our concrete. You should try and hit up a practice day down there before you do the tour.

Street tires work well up here, but you'll go nowhere down there on their surface, you must have race tires.

fc-racer
    <hr></blockquote>

What's the practice day on Friday all about? I read that it's a couple dollars a run. Obviously they're not going to use the actual course - do they set up random gates and slaloms?

Leave a comment:

• Audi200tq
    replied
    I'd like to drive down either Saturday or Sunday for a daytrip just to check out the action. Which is the best day to visit?

Leave a comment:

• fc-racer
    replied
    Darren and I are now signed up for Tour. We're running in SM class. All of the drivers heading down, keep in mind that the site is Ashpalt which is like that black patch we put the Chicago box in, really slippery compared to our concrete. You should try and hit up a practice day down there before you do the tour.

Street tires work well up here, but you'll go nowhere down there on their surface, you must have race tires.

fc-racer

Leave a comment:

• Mike-L
    replied
    If you go to the SCCA web site, there's a link in the SCCA SOLO dropdown menu for Contingency Programs. All the contingencies are listed there with the requirements to collect them. Some require pre-registration, some don't. Most require some kind of stickers, and tell you who to contact to get them.

Besides the tire companies, there are Toyota, Mazda, and others. For example, 2nd place in class with four or more finishers is worth $100 if you're in a Mazda; all classes are eligible.

It's not that critical to get them all listed on your entry form, but put down the ones you think apply. You can update them at registration, and they'll be checked in Impound.

--Mike

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Mike-L ]</p>

Leave a comment:

• Neon Racer
    replied
    On the entry form,they ask for Tire info as well as Contigency information. Does anyone know what kind contingency is offered and if you require stickers? (and how do you get them?)

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Neon Racer
    replied
    I'm in to share a room as well.
    National Tour here we come.

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Neon Racer ]</p>

Leave a comment:

• Terence
    replied
    Thanks Mike for the info, I'll fax the reg. form in tonight with the membership part "will sign up on site".

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by VR6TURBO:

Does anyone want to share a hotel room? Or everyone already has a room?
    <hr></blockquote>

I have booked a room for friday and saturday night to share with Chris. This is the same motel(Super8) Marc/Alex/Joe/Andre stay. If you don't care about my snoring you can stay with us if it's OK with Chris.

Terence

Leave a comment:

• Mike-L
    replied
    Sorry I haven't been active in this thread. Just got a chance to read it.

For membership, the cheapest way to go is with the Trial Membership. They are $15US and good for 90 days (hmmm that'd get you through Nationals ). You don't get the SCCA magazine and NWR newsletter at that price. You can buy Trial Memberships at on-site registration.

A better alternative, if you're 25 or under is Speed Freakz. It's $25 a year and you get the mag and newsletter. The application is on the SCCA web site and you can fax it in. It would be less hassle to get it beforehand, but they'll process applications at on-site registration.

Guido's link to Jerry Mouton's web site is the best place to look at the rules on-line. I'm not sure how diligent he is about updating them with changes announced in the FasTrack section of the SportsCar magazine, but you can check those updates on the SCCA web site.

If Alex can't answer your questions, I'd be happy to find you an answer.

As for not being competitive in a class, I wouldn't sell yourselves short. There's a lot of talent in the club and I know more than a couple of drivers who could compete well against more-prepared cars.

The SM2 Miata that has been competing here (Deiter Beldi) has been quick, but not unbeatable. In fact, I beat him at the last SCCA event, so I'd say Chris is the one to beat.

--Mike

[ July 09, 2002: Message edited by: Mike-L ]</p>

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Race Miata:
    Originally posted by VR6TURBO:
    The only thing holding me back is spending ~$700-$900 for 3.5 days

Hmmm! Maybe my calculation is wrong... Are you going to stay in a 5-star hotel?
    <hr></blockquote>

First off, Thanks Alex for your reply. I'll try to e-mail you about SCCA membership and SCCA rules.

No Chris, I'm not going to live in a 5 star hotel. Is there 5 star hotel at Bremerton?

basically this is what I was thinking.

Entry fee $55 US
    SCCA license $70 US assuming it's the regular fee
    Hotel (coming back on monday = 3 nights) $225 US
    Food $100 cdn
    Gas $65 cdn
    others ?

therefore just for me totals to $697 depending on currency exchange and credit card surcharge. If I want to eat better, live better, or drive something that takes more gas will be more than $700.

Does anyone want to share a hotel room? Or everyone already has a room?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have 5 rooms with 2 double beds booked at the Super 8 Motel in Bremerton. The people who requested rooms were 1) Andre, Hydie, 2) Blake, 3) Alex, Ken, Bernie, 4) Joe, Gary, 5) Ernest and myself. So if you want in and can't get a place to sleep, someone may have pity on you and let you sleep on the floor. I have no idea if they still have more rooms available. There number is 800 800-8000. I am racing in E prepared don't expect to finish first but I am going to have fun and hopefully learn a lot about racing with some of the big boys!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    TWo nights hotel has gotta be.. $150 US per night MAX...

Leave a comment:

• alex chiu
    replied
    Andre,

Give SCCA a call. I remember doing it before and they said it was OK to get the membership on site

Alex

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Alex,

Just to reconfirm what you said...
    I am to fax in the entry form and write "Will get SCCA membership at the event"? Correct?
    that is, I can get a membership on the weekend of NT on site, as opposed to applying in advance?

Leave a comment:

• Race Miata
    replied
    <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Guido:
    I think you could kick some butt in SM2. <hr></blockquote>

No! Seems like the 1.6 turbo miata is not far from Chris Imbeau in the 73 MG Midget.

Also in such an open class, anything can happen like a well-tuned 500hp RX7TT.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X