May 11th @ Boundary Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May 11th @ Boundary Bay

Im new to it but is May 11th VCMC event an open event to non-members? Want to join soon but wanna try it out a little first. So is it an open event where i could buy a one day license and race?
    Thanks for the help
    Kyle

1 event: $25
    membership + 1 event: $40
    Wanna come out for 1 event? Then consider a 1 day membership to be $15!

Comment

Originally posted by Dicky Leung:
      1 event: $25
      membership + 1 event: $40
      Wanna come out for 1 event? Then consider a 1 day membership to be $15!
      so for just racing on Sunday it would be just $15? Im sorry but kinda confused by post :S

Comment

What he means is.. for a first-time member, your first autocross is included in the cost of membership. Since most autocross events cost $25 anyways, the incremental cost of the first year's membership is really only $15.

Comment

thnx for all the help i guess i will be seeing some of you on sunday so you can see me make a fool of my self Should be fun..haha

Anything else i need to bring other than money for the one day membership?

Comment

Originally posted by kiggle:
            thnx for all the help i guess i will be seeing some of you on sunday so you can see me make a fool of my self Should be fun..haha

Anything else i need to bring other than money for the one day membership?
            Not too much - a valid drivers license and a car in good mechanical condition.

A Snell M95 or higher helmet would be beneficial but there are loaners available.

Besides that, it's wise to bring things like food, water, extra clothes, sunblock, a hat, etc.

Comment

I'm trying to convince my dad to come along this weekend with his car and saw on the info page that addition family memberships are $20. I'm already a member so I pay the $25 for the event, but does the $20 my dad pays include his day of driving or does he pay $25 in addition to the $20?

Oh and what time do you have to be at the tech session by? I haven't been out for a while... [img]embarrassed.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Racer:
                Besides that, it's wise to bring things like food, water, extra clothes, sunblock, a hat, etc.
                Bring your raincoat, waterproof boots, and waterproof pants. It always rains on race day.

Comment

Originally posted by Tooly:
                  I'm trying to convince my dad to come along this weekend with his car and saw on the info page that addition family memberships are $20. I'm already a member so I pay the $25 for the event, but does the $20 my dad pays include his day of driving or does he pay $25 in addition to the $20?

Oh and what time do you have to be at the tech session by? I haven't been out for a while... [img]embarrassed.gif[/img]
                  $20 family membership fee does not include free 1st time event, it's more like a break for renewing family members. Your Dad is better off buying a new membership for $40.

Our monthly tech sessions follow immediately after the meeting which starts around 8pm. However, we recommend our members join us in the general meeting to go over club issues.

See you tomorrow!

[ May 07, 2003, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Law C ]
                  Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Law C:
                    Oh and what time do you have to be at the tech session by? I haven't been out for a while... [img]embarrassed.gif[/img] [/qb]
                    Our monthly tech sessions follow immediately after the meeting which starts around 8pm. However, we recommend our members join us in the general meeting to go over club issues.

See you on tomorrow! [/QB][/QUOTE]

Lawrence,

I believe he meant what time does the car need to be in for tech on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker:
                      Lawrence,

Tech opens @ 7:00am.

-c.
                      Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                      Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffy:
                        </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jaker:
                        Lawrence,

Tech opens @ 7:00am.

-c.
                        </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, thanks guys

What's the latest you can arrive for the tech inspection?

Comment

Tech closes at 8:30, so I'd say 8:00 to 8:15 at the absolute latest.

Comment

Arriving at 8:15 gives you absolutely no time to walk the course. It is not recommended.

Arrive 7:30 latest. Make it 7:00 if you need to change your wheels.
                            Steve Kibble
                            Now residing in Victoria.
                            My mobile marketing blog:
                            http://3rdscreenmarketing.blogspot.com

Comment

Hey kiggle,

Don't worry. You won't be the only newcomer. I am also bringing a friend. =)

Os

Comment

Working...
                              X