KNOX Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNOX Results

Word on the street is BCMA member Sheridan Empey is now the new SP-3 record holder.

And in SP-2 there is also a new fast time! I think it was an RX-7 from Alberta.

Well Darren and Farz, you've got a whole year now to prepare! MORE BOOST?

Chris B

We'll be back with more boost, lighter weight, real brakes and an aftermarket suspension this time instead of the bits and pieces we had on at our last attempt.

Our goal will be to get into the 2:00's

Any idea what times the new records are? Did SP-2 break the 2 minute barrier already?
    Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
    HD YouTube track videos

Comment

Way to represent RX-7s.

Comment

Originally posted by cbeere:
        Word on the street is BCMA member Sheridan Empey is now the new SP-3 record holder.

And in SP-2 there is also a new fast time! I think it was an RX-7 from Alberta.

Well Darren and Farz, you've got a whole year now to prepare! MORE BOOST?

Chris B
        Congratulations Sheridan! Sounds like alot of people went faster this year? Pat will be back next year but not in SP3.

Comment

Actually, Sheridan is the new record holder in SP1 - Richard Boyk still holds the record in SP3, and Darrel Jones is the new record holder in SP2

Congrats Sheridan on a great run..... except for..... never mind :P
          Be fast - or be spectacular.
          Pick one.
          Karl Hunter

Comment

The 2003 results via Jim Keller:

First Last Name No. Class Description Best Time

Roger Flescher 69 VT Sunbeam Tiger 2:08.178

Richard Boyk 35 SP3 Chev Camaro 2:02.031

Darrell Jones 171 SP2 Mazda RX7 2:02.870

Sheridan Empey 115 SP1 Honda CRX 2:10.395

David Neveaux 10 L Chev. Legends 2:12.231

Scott Brodie 143 GTX Datsun 510 1:59.662

Allen Reid 13 GTO MGB GT V8 1:52.349

Fred Delpero 80 GT5 1300 GTA Alfa 2:05.302

Andy De Boon 50 GT3 Mazda RX7 2:10.945

Methal Abougoush 991 GT1 Chev. Camaro 2:05.685

Chris Cunning 7 FF Reynard FF2000 1:57.091

John Haftner 87 FA TUI SuperVee

Lavern O'Brien 777 4X4 Dodge 4X4 2:10.296

Comment

Cool - looks like someone took a Legends car up there in class "L". Is that a Legends specific class?

BTW, did John Haftner beat his record to the top? (his time appears to be missing)

Comment

I talked to the guy with the Legends Car, he's from Surrey. He knows we AutoX at BBA, but I'm not sure he's interested. His main passion is turning left and turning left and turning left ... :P He was the only Legends car I saw. He was also running on BFG T/As, albeit really wide ones. Yamaha engine and a 6 speed sequential.

I don't know why John Hafner is included the results. I'm not sure he recorded a time. He ran twice, that I saw. One run he had some problem with the transmission and next his turbo failed.

Richard Boyk was fast and his car sounded really good. BIG V8 =

[ May 21, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Radio Flyer ]

Comment

The Legends car is definitely a hoot to drive and I'm sure it was quite an experience going up Knox with it. In stock form, it's probably not the best autoxing car though. The locked rear diff and very short wheelbase make it a pretty challenging car to drive. Or maybe I'm just too used to low powered cars

Do they actually a Legends car series in the Lower Mainland? It would be interesting to see what they do on the track.

Comment

Picture brought you by AllWheelDrift.

- Brian

Happiness isn't around the corner - happiness is the corner.

Comment

Do they actually a Legends car series in the Lower Mainland? It would be interesting to see what they do on the track.
                      He indicated he travelled to the US to compete.

Comment

I believe they are also run up here at Sun Valley Motor Speedway.

Greg "but please don't move here, I want to afford the housing" Wellwood
                        This doesn't put food on your table, it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
                        -=- Lethal Locost -=- Lethal Locost 2 -=- V8 Firefly -=- Crusty Chevy -=-

Comment

Here is a link to the KNOX Page and results:

http://www3.telus.net/pep/oasc/hillclimb.htm

Enjoy,
                          Cagin' Cowboy

Comment

Working...
                          X