Kumho Super Challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kumho Super Challenge?

Any details on this event yet? How about tire prizes? Hopefully Kumho will provide lots of sets of tires for the event as awards! Did I mention that tires would definately make awesome event trophys!!!

Cagin Cowboy

There will be a set or two of tires as prizes, we're still working out how we will award them however.

There is much more to this event than tires, it's heavily subsidized by Kumho so we can do things we normally would not be able to for a low entry price.
    Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
    HD YouTube track videos

Comment

Sounds like this is going to be a great event, can't wait....

Comment

The announcement says there is some type of competition/shootout?

I'm guessing this is something like what P.R.O. or SCCA ProSolo competitions are (comparing results across classes).

Can someone provide more details about this? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fc-racer:
          There will be a set or two of tires as prizes, we're still working out how we will award them however.

There is much more to this event than tires, it's heavily subsidized by Kumho so we can do things we normally would not be able to for a low entry price.
          Hi,

What is not clear to me is whether non-VCMC members are eligible for entry and whether you are eligible to win the Kumhos if you do not run Kumhos.

Thanks!

Reijo (in Calgary....and hoping to come out!)
          BS '03 S2000 or whatever else I can get my hands on!
          Calgary, Alberta

Comment

Reijo,

You must be a VCMC member to enter, but you do not have to be running Kumho tires to win the tires.
            HD YouTube track videos

Comment

Reijo,

You must be a VCMC member to enter, but you do not have to be running Kumho tires to win the tires.
              OK - thanks for the info!

Reijo (still hunting for tires and wheels for the Spec V! )
              BS '03 S2000 or whatever else I can get my hands on!
              Calgary, Alberta

Comment

looks like its gonna be raining thursday friday and saturday :S

[ June 10, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: kiggle ]

Comment

Maybe VCMC could give out the tires to the top PAX time or the fastest average PAX times over all the runs?

Comment

Shouldn't the prize tires go to the *slowest* PAX time?

How about the fastest PAX that's on street tires, or non-Kumho? I think any way you do it, it'll be a compromise. Maybe after the Sunday shootout there can be a rock-paper-scissors shootout for the tires
                    Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
                    "On a break" from autocross

Comment

heh, err. "honest I'm eligible for the A-mod 1.000 index!!!" although, fastest pax time for a street tired car would be interesting...

Originally posted by ArthurC:
                      Shouldn't the prize tires go to the *slowest* PAX time?

How about the fastest PAX that's on street tires, or non-Kumho? I think any way you do it, it'll be a compromise. Maybe after the Sunday shootout there can be a rock-paper-scissors shootout for the tires

Comment

I think the fastest production car should be rewarded, or fastest time on Kumho's. That gives some incentive to show how fast Kumho's can go, up against people running slicks (cough, cough).

Comment

Originally posted by Race Miata:
                          I think the fastest production car should be rewarded
                          Why? So reward the person who bought the fastest car? Anyone can do that.

While I like this event, and VCMC in general, I have never understood why you (and apparently Kumho in this challenge) reward people (with anything other than a passing mention) for having the fastest time of the day? That's strictly a factor of who owns the fastest car (typically a Mod vehicle). It's has nothing to do with skill.

OTOH, you do the right thing with regard to novices (unlike the WWSCC and NWR/SCCA who gives it to the guys with the fastest cars).

I realize that indexes are often too simplistic for many racing events, but it's better than just handing the award to the guy in the formula car/go kart/formula sae/a mod. Admittedly, VCMC have some VERY fast drivers in AM and Formula Fords but it would be nice to know the rest of us even have a shot at competiting against them.

Comment

Class and PAX winners will get trophies, as in all event.

Tires will only be given out in the raffle as we think this is the fairest way.
                            Lawrence

Comment

There will be 60 glass trophies given out over the weekend and they are just stunning. Each trophy alone cost us $50+!!!

Each class on Saturday will have the regular trophy counts up to a maximum of three. Then there are some other prizes for top novice, FTD, top gun, etc, etc.

With FTD, top novice and top gun (top paxed time), everyone gets a chance at winning. The cream always rises to the top and it's going to be a tough battle for many classes.

Good luck to all!
                              HD YouTube track videos

Comment

Working...
                              X