Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by V67-GSR:
    By running the course at full speed over and over again after the course setup, who can forget it on the very next day (race day)?
    Well, you'd have to ask your friends about that, since they were the ones that came out to UBC's course setup with a video camera.

If you care to know my side of the story, I was asked to test one specific part of the course to ensure the speed wasn't too high. So I drove straight out to the section (off course), ran it and we made adjustments to bring the speed down. This was repeated a few times and when the section was within the acceptable safety standards testing was ended.

If you talk to your friends, you'll probably discover they were unable to video tape a full run of the course to study. This would be because I didn't make any complete passes of the course.

Leave a comment:

• V67-GSR
    replied
    Originally posted by AllWheelDrift:
    Young Jedi, I believe I may have the solution to your vertical impairment:

Naturally we request you place the tray table in it's stowed postion while driving.
    Hey, that a great idea. Too bad I already have a Momo race seat installed.

BTW, I think you are right. Those cones are not hard to see to you since you know the course so well already. Right? By running the course at full speed over and over again after the course setup, who can forget it on the very next day (race day)?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Young Jedi, I believe I may have the solution to your vertical impairment:

Naturally we request you place the tray table in it's stowed postion while driving.

Leave a comment:

• V67-GSR
    replied
    Originally posted by Bengt Sumpgaard:
    "Below our focal point"?....Can you see over the dash?
    Infact, I can't. Like you've said. I use my young Jedi force to screw other drivers in my class. Shame on me. [img]embarrassed.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Bengt Sumpgaard:
    I didn't know our cones were so hard to see....
    Rogue: " You don't know or you don't care? "

Wolverine: " Pick one! "

Thanks Rogue, you speak for me (us).

Special thanks to Wolverine, I think you answer the question for him.

PS: Conversation between Rogue and Wolverine quote from X-men 1.

[ June 20, 2003, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: V67-GSR ]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    "Below our focal point"?....Can you see over the dash? I didn't know our cones were so hard to see....maybe "use the force", and you young Jedi's will avoid contact......and beware the remotely controlled cones, they get you! :P

Leave a comment:

• Cary Lam
    replied
    Originally posted by V67-GSR:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by -S-:

Also, I believe Cary volunteered to do the results for the next regional in addition to the year end results, hence the comment
    True. We (Cary, Damon, Vasco, Henry, Marcus………. you name it) will do whatever we can to ensure the unofficial result will be post ASAP (within 24 hours). If the event organizers allowed, we definitely will do the result for them from now on. </font>[/QUOTE]Damon will be busy this Sunday, so just give the result to me, I'll do it.

Leave a comment:

• Law C
    replied
    OMG, u guys are hardcore! GREAT!

Leave a comment:

• V67-GSR
    replied
    Originally posted by -S-:

Also, I believe Cary volunteered to do the results for the next regional in addition to the year end results, hence the comment
    True. We (Cary, Damon, Vasco, Henry, Marcus………. you name it) will do whatever we can to ensure the unofficial result will be post ASAP (within 24 hours). If the event organizers allowed, we definitely will do the result for them from now on.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Right Law, you caught me there. No one's complaining right now. I'll just smack'em if they do :P

Now, stop spoiling my mind games will ya? Now I might actually have to head down to the liquor store and feed Damon some booze on Saturday since you spoiled my games (and yes, in case the internet sarcasm thing didn't work, I was kidding)

Leave a comment:

• Law C
    replied
    Complain after harm has been done, not before you even know whether there will be any at all.
    dude, no one is complaining. Where you get that? Also, no one complains about non-vcmc-host events on the VCMC forum.

Besides, who cares? Most of you guys aren't going to be the ones trying to figure out the results because Cary and Vasco will be.
    Cary and Vasco are year-end result co-ordinators. Their job is to produce mid-season and final year-end standings. Each championship event's results is the sole responsibility of the host club's organizers/cheif of T&S.

Relax, grab a lawn chair, and watch the race. It's what summer is supposed to be about, so let's keep it that way alright?
    "Relax?" Is that mind game @ work for your fellow competitors? IMHO, you don't "Relax" in a championship event, you trying to win!

I know what you mean dude, relax, volunteer sport, racing don't put 'rice' on the table, enjoy the social part of the event, etc... I only want to confirm there's zero negative spin on this informative thread.

Leave a comment:

• G Wellwood
    replied
    Whoa guys, calm down!.... Life will go on as usual.... Relax, grab a lawn chair, and watch the race.
    Careful! Out here, them's fightin' words! You're going to become an "adversary" like me if you keep trying to coerce others into looking outside the (stop) box.

Greg "If I'm not on your naughty list, you're not reading my posts" Wellwood

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Whoa guys, calm down! The run card thing works alright? UBC has demonstrated it, and BCMA is familar with it having used them since... well, before my time. Is the barcode system easier to use and slightly faster? Yeah, once you know it like the back of your hand. Is the runcard system almost as fast and idiot code monkey proof? Yes, if you're used to them and know it like the back of your hands. Remember, any tool is only as good as the hands that use them.

So calm down guys. Life will go on as usual. People who suck, will continue to suck. People who is consistently near the top will again be near the top. Having the run card or barcode won't make you any faster or slower (unless you insist on holding onto your run card while running). Complain after harm has been done, not before you even know whether there will be any at all. Besides, who cares? Most of you guys aren't going to be the ones trying to figure out the results because Cary and Vasco will be. Relax, grab a lawn chair, and watch the race. It's what summer is supposed to be about, so let's keep it that way alright?

Leave a comment:

• V67-GSR
    replied
    Originally posted by AllWheelDrift:
    Just FYI, BCMA uses the same cones as UBCSCC. I.e. They are the same size as the ones used in CACC Championship Event #2.
    Thats why I don't like it. I, and several of my friends find ourselves have to move our eyes out of our driving line focus area to search for cones "below" our focal point.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Just FYI, BCMA uses the same cones as UBCSCC. I.e. They are the same size as the ones used in CACC Championship Event #2.

Leave a comment:

• Darklighter
    replied
    Originally posted by Law C:
    Competitors may have to use run cards on Sunday.
    [img]graemlins/sick.gif[/img]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X