Regional #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional #3

I'd have to say that's the first time I've intentionally used my ebrake to get the apex of the corner...fun times in the morning rain.

Awesome course design, good flow.

Whaddya fellas think?

I can't say much, but the course was tricky for me. This was my first ever autocross and i had a frustrating time with my car and myself. Aside from that, ppl were friendly and helpful and I thought it went pretty smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by TDRacing1:
      I can't say much, but the course was tricky for me. This was my first ever autocross and i had a frustrating time with my car and myself. Aside from that, ppl were friendly and helpful and I thought it went pretty smooth.
      Never go to a regional for your first auto/x, that should be pounded into everyone's head :P

Courses are designed to be technical and you can't take anyone (ie: experienced driver) with you for ridealongs. Plus there are only 4 runs.

Comment

Sead, first time using handbrake?? U've been missing out. U gotta co-drive more

Anyways, i thought it was a good event, some people were complaining of the lack of use of barcodes system, but even with the runcards i found them to work smoothly just like how it has been for years. No complaints from me so far. (except lets see how long it take for results to be posted)
        Ricky Ho (Bodyroll Champion x2)

Comment

Good course , bad rain . The course was technical enough that there were several different lines you could try and once it dried out so you could hang the car out a bit it was lots of fun.

ernest
          "Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them" Marvin the Martian

Comment

Equation of the day:

Good flowing design of the course.
            Organized
            Friendly competition...right Yarko?!? :P

Plus
            A$$ tires
            wet to dry conditions
            My competitors running new R compounds/slicks

equals
            Slow times for me
            Lots of sandbagging
            2 spins with 2 DNF's
            and a third place finish and quite a bit of fun.

So, all in all I had fun racing on hockey pucks!
            One of the nicer courses that I have driven...just wish that I had better rubber.

Comment

Originally posted by Sead:
              I'd have to say that's the first time I've intentionally used my ebrake to get the apex of the corner
              You guys running rallycrosses now? :P

Comment

Good day, I'm glad it dried out in the afternoon! I too, thought the course design was one of the best ones so far this year. The event also went really smoothly (run cards still work )

I think I need a Miata! I couldn't believe the times that those CSS Miatas are pulling 53.xx ??

Comment

The unofficial results should be posted up sometime this evening at www.ubcscc.com

Comment

Originally posted by 68style:
                    Courses are designed to be technical and you can't take anyone (ie: experienced driver) with you for ridealongs. Plus there are only 4 runs.
                    I never design a course with the intent of making it "technical" - doesn't matter if it is a Championship event - or a closed club. I design them to be FUN! Every course has technical elements - all of them. I find that when one sets out to design a "technical" course - it ends up taking away some of the fun. Just my oppinion - and part of my philosophy on course design.

As for the 4 runs - well if we had got 100 or more care on Sunday - there would only have been 3 runs. Longer course. Also part of my philosophy... longer course, fewer runs - overall about the same if not more track time.

Karl Hunter
                    Organizer - BCMA Solo Championship Event#3
                    Course designer - BCMA Solo Championship Event#3
                    Be fast - or be spectacular.
                    Pick one.
                    Karl Hunter

Comment

I agree with Karl 100% and if you have ever driven a Hunter course, you would know that they are fun, fun, fun!

We are likely to ask Karl to design one of our BC Championship courses, most likely the Sunday course.
                      Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
                      HD YouTube track videos

Comment

Wow, look at the top ten result. 6 of them are Miata, 2 of them CSP Miata, 4 CSS Miata. I finally got into top ten times with my new car :P but only 4th in class [img]embarrassed.gif[/img] .

Terence

Comment

Damn Miatas! Us Honda guys have been chasing you all year

Comment

Working...
                          X