BC Championships - Open only to CACC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC Championships - Open only to CACC?

This event is open to all CACC Annual License holders. You can purchase CACC license at pre-tech for $25
    Is this event open only to license holders? Will there be no day licenses sold?
    Ryan

There should be day Licenses sold. It's probably a glitch in the text.

-c.
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Two years ago (my first autox year), there was no day-license for the BC Championships event. They only sold day-license for the 2nd day event since it was a regional event on the 2nd day.

Things may have changed since then.

- Brian

Happiness isn't around the corner - happiness is the corner.

Comment

Is this event open only to license holders? Will there be no day licenses sold?

--------------------
        Ryan
        Hi Ryan,

Rule 5.4 B. in the CACC rulebook says that in addition to holding a current driver's license you must be a full member of a CACC member club and the holder of a CACC competition license. A day license will not qualify you for points and/or a trophy.

As this is the case we will not be selling day licenses on Saturday.

Thank you,

Comment

This event is open to all CACC Annual License holders. You can purchase CACC license at pre-tech for $25
          I will be attending from calgary. Can i purchase a cacc license on site? I won't be at pretech.
          Ryan

Comment

CACC Solo Director, Oliver Brett should be there on Sat morning to help you.
            Lawrence

Comment

Does an SCCA membership count in place of a CACC membership like I think it does for the Regionals? Also, will they then need a local club membership?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Bourne:
                Does an SCCA membership count in place of a CACC membership like I think it does for the Regionals? Also, will they then need a local club membership?
                Currently, SCCA memberships and/or memberships of clubs not affiliated w/ CACC are not eligible for points in the CACC Series or trohies in the BC Autoslalom Championship.

-c.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Cliff. I guess I am misremembering something then, as I thought someone used an SCCA membership for a CACC event. Then again, maybe it was Steve using a CACC license for an SCCA event? Or maybe it was neither.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanC:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr /> This event is open to all CACC Annual License holders. You can purchase CACC license at pre-tech for $25
                    I will be attending from calgary. Can i purchase a cacc license on site? I won't be at pretech. </font>[/QUOTE]I too will need to purchase a license. I would like to say at this point that this rule requiring a full yearly license is a bunch of you know what. Even the SCCA lets you purshase a temporary license. I will fork out the money for the full license, but I won't like it.

If I purchase the license is it good for a full year or just the rest of this year.........

Wasn't there a big discussion in the past over licenses and this was addressed.....wasn't there a decision to honor scca licenses for the Mike and Carol. Should we not honor CNAC licenses/Memberships as well.

Colin my pockets are empty but my visa has room for one more license Armstrong

Comment

Hi Colin,

We put the question regarding competitor eligibility for BC Champs to the CACC Solo Director, he has just given us his reply and rule 5.4 B., Eligibility for Championship Standings has been upheld.

Issues around Rule 4.4 A. i) a.) Licencing, have been dealt with on a temporary basis. This rule is not likely to change as there are international rules regarding licensing, each country is supposed to honor the other's license which was my experience at NT in Seattle.

Feel free to help out here Cliff!

Comment

Does this mean my 90 day temporary SCCA licence is valid then?

Colin

Comment

First of all, let's get our references in order. 4.4.A is in the Solo I section and doesn't apply. What we need to focus on is Sec. 5.3.B and 5.4.B.ii.

I know it looks completely stupid but, 5.3.B says it pretty clearly. I've just been informed by our Solo Director that it's not going to be changed for 2003.

However, at the national level, this business of inter-regional licensing is under consideration to see how we can accommodate participants and regional execs at the same time.

-c.

Comment

My budget is extremely tight. Without searching for obcuse rule sections :P , can someone tell me what a CSCC member with no other affilations will need to pay to run in the BC Championships next weekend?
                            Ryan

Comment

My budget is extremely tight. Without searching for obcuse rule sections , can someone tell me what a CSCC member with no other affilations will need to pay to run in the BC Championships next weekend?
                              5.4 B Competitor eligibility

i) A full voting member of a CACC member club, and
                              ii) The holder of a CACC Competition License,

$40 - VCMC membership, good until spring 2005, first CPE free.
                              $25 - CACC solo 2 license
                              $85 - entry fee BC Champs

Comment

Working...
                              X