• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPE 7 Results & discussion

Results

Indexed

Top Overall

We listen! Tell us what we have overlooked today.
    Lawrence

Henry, thank you for the drive (Run 1 & 2) you are beating me [img]embarrassed.gif[/img]

Chris, thank you for the drive (Run 3) I'm sure my times will get better if I had more runs... :P YOU HAVE REALLY GOOD BRAKES!

Thanx guys!
    Lawrence

Comment

the course was not short gearing friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Chef:
        the course was not short gearing friendly
        NO doubt! I had to shift into 3rd gear 4 times
        The course was fun though.

Comment

Yesterday was super fun! I have to switch to 1st for the awkward U-turn and 3rd on the straight.

Everything was done at VCMC quality, so I am happy =).

I like the course design, Lawrence.

Comment

Terrific course - really fun.

Tara and I both achieved 'Burning Dean Stinger' smell at upon arrival at the stop box. But no problem - the Jetta will get new Ecsta MX's this week.
            Steve Kibble
            Now residing in Victoria.
            My mobile marketing blog:
            http://3rdscreenmarketing.blogspot.com

Comment

Despite running out of fuel for my last 2 runs, it was a smooth event with a nice and fast course. First time I had to use heel toe on at an autocross. It's alot harder than practicing on the streets!

Special thanks to Pat Richard for that unbelievably fun drift ride

Comment

Originally posted by Ryoma:
                COOL! The superstar came out!
                What did he drive and was it done in style?

Comment

Yesterday course is very fun and technical setup. Big thanks to LC and DC.
                  Unfortunately, I have problem with my car’s grip all day long without any reason. Using the same setup before, the car just doesn’t behave like it used to be. Braking power drop big time, forcing me to enter the turns with faster than I suppose to every time. The answer popped up when I took my tires off the car. Inner 1/3 of both my front tires are all covered with old tire compound lay on the track. Most of them more than 3mm thick. I spend 30 mins to clean just 1/4 of a tire. It gonna be a long and hard work for me this week to clean all those **** off my tire.
                  V67-GSR
                  Retired from AutoX. Track is my new playground.

Comment

I've discovered the same problem. was using a paint chisel/screwdriver and Hair dryer to pry the stuff off but it's still hard work...any better ideas?

[ August 25, 2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: Yarko ]
                    Swift DB1 Formula Ford - trophy collection machine (co driver)
                    2006 Lotus Elise - daily driver
                    2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 - cycling racer
                    1/4 of a Dodge Neon Chumpcar - because I didn't want to risk saving money.
                    1992 Acura Integra LS - for those other days (or when I need a trunk)

2014 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - King of the Hill
                    2012 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - New record FF1600, 2nd Overall
                    2011 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - Record holder FF1600, 3rd Overall.
                    2011 SCCA National Championship - 3 cars, 2 classes, I have no idea...
                    2010 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
                    2009 SCCA National Championship - 2nd CM
                    2009 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
                    2005 Canadian National Champion - CSP
                    http://twitter.com/RiskAce

Comment

Bruce Towes told me that the boys south of the border use a paint scraper. I picked one up from the paint department at Home Depot. It looks like a long plastic handle, with a U shaped blade. The side of the U are quite short, and its a scraper rather than a chisel style action.

Works pretty good, but still alot of effort required.

Comment

Thank Damon and Lawrence for the fun but challenging course with:
                        - the 1st section with deceiving cones that required guts to go flat out all the way before C box
                        - interesting 180 setups that allowed for different driving lines and styles for experiments
                        - open Yaletown box that required smooth action and car placement to go flat out all the way thru' at over 100km/h
                        - offset cone in the middle of the slalom that required slow-down at the right place to go fast

Thank Henry and others for their hard work.

Thank Oswald and Alvin for letting me drive their S2000s. Excellent handling cars even in stock form.

Thank Damon for the comments on my car's characteristics. It's interesting to realize that I've been driving around my car's problem unconsciously!

Comment

Originally posted by Sead:
                          </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ryoma:
                          COOL! The superstar came out!
                          What did he drive and was it done in style?
                          </font>[/QUOTE]He was driving a black Impreza STi.
                          2007 Honda Fit sport

Comment

Thank Damon for the comments on my car's characteristics. It's interesting to realize that I've been driving around my car's problem unconsciously! [/QB]
                            What? So now you're going to be faster?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker:
                              What? So now you're going to be faster?
                              So - all this time, it turns out that Chris' car has been broken?! If you'd like to just give up and switch classes now, I can offer a co-drive in a G-stocker with 21.6 lb/hp. The A/C and climate control are real comfy on those hot BB days and are well worth the extra weight
                              Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
                              "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Working...
                              X