Feedback for Club Practice #9 - October 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for Club Practice #9 - October 19th

Thank you to everyone who came out in the pouring rain this morning to be welcomed by the most glorious day we've had all year at Boundary Bay. With a course designed for wet conditions, the tighter sections became even tighter

The results are now up in the results section: http://www.vcmc.ca/raceresults/raceresults.html

Please provide any feedback that we may incorporate into our 2004 program. Thank you!
    Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
    HD YouTube track videos

First of all, i love the pax system.

second amazing course. I haven't had that much fun at auto-x for about 8months. Thanks for the great event.

third there were to many runs. on the last run i took I found that I couldn't concentrate on my driving ( just sort of forgot to let off the throttle) So I didn't take my last 5 runs.

Comment

Too tired to form a corehent string of thoughts, so here are some random ones:

(1) Congrats to... Dov for getting top PAX, Jacques for FTD by a big margin, and James Le for beating me for the DSS win on his very last run

(2) Not enough runs! Just kidding It was pretty amazing once I calculated how many runs our co-driven car had gone for. Two drivers x 17 runs = 34 runs = 8 Champ events = an entire season of runs in one day!

(3) Working station #3 was actually fun in a sadistic sort of way. It got to the point where we would actually chase after the car as it passed by the first C-box because invariably, one or two cones would be hit. This is no exaggeration - at least 70% of the runs coned there!

(4) It was amazing to watch from station 3 on the last heat where some drivers like Richard Basford didn't even appear to brake going out of the Yaletown box. The neat thing about Richard's stock Miata is that it rolls/dives/squats so much that you can see exactly what he is doing and learn a lot from him

(5) For me, two quotes from Farzaan rang true throughout the day: "This is going to be a very technical course." and "There are many elements that will cause the novice drivers to get sucked into mistakes." My "noviceness" was quite apparent in my first couple of runs. I think the course was a real test of pure driving skill, as you had to position the car very precisely, at speed. The number of cones (do we have a count on that yet?) hit by our top drivers is a testament to how much of a challenge it was.

(6) Challenging course, tons of runs, great weather, and a day of autocross where I just focussed on having fun and enjoying the driving. It was a great way to end off the season!

[ October 19, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: ArthurC ]
      Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
      "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Great event ! Garrett and I had a blast and Bruces tires still seem to have some life left after we put 30 runs on them .

I think that must have been a new record not only for the number of runs but also the total number of cones killed

Comment

I had a lots of fun socially, working the course and driving the course. I could not complain having the 17 runs in. The weather was fantastic, everything ran smooth throughout the whole day.

In run #7 I was behind Arthur Chan by 0.007 seconds, falling behind in 2nd place in D/SS. My last and final run was my fastest run, taking top spot in D/SS, inching by a 0.204 margin.

Comment

Originally posted by Oversteer:
            In run #7 I was behind Arthur Chan by 0.007 seconds, falling behind in 2nd place in D/SS. My last and final run was my fastest run, taking top spot in D/SS, inching by a 0.204 margin.
            Salt ---> Wound.... Oww owww owww! Actually, I was watching your scratch times and I knew that it was just a matter of time. Your runs were in the mid-33's and for some inexplicable reason I dropped back to mid-34's in the last heat - very fustrating!

Upon reflection of the day, I think that I was losing my aggressiveness and started braking too much for the slow elements. I was driving consistently - just consistently slow I used to recite a mantra at the start line - Attack Aggressively with Accuracy. I think I sort of forgot about it...
            Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
            "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Hey Oversteer and Arthur C, keep up the good work. It is so good to see more DSS driver commit to the sport. I'll be out this weekend. How bout you two?
              V67-GSR
              Retired from AutoX. Track is my new playground.

Comment

Working...
              X