Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Drifting Event

Don't know if anyone interested.
    But I posted to inform yous guys there is another such event happening soon.

http://www.vancouverdrifters.org/event2.htm

[ January 19, 2004, 04:53 AM: Message edited by: V67-GSR ]
    V67-GSR
    Retired from AutoX. Track is my new playground.

They're just using track days up that could have been used for autoX .

But I guess we all have to get along .

Comment

They are just another group of people renting BBay for their own fun. I don't see a problem there, provided that they don't affect our autocrossing events. At least they are laying rubber there for us and hopefully not destorying the concrete badly.

From their website, they mentioned running two simultaneous courses this time. I hope that should be okay.

Although their rules mentioned absolutely NO passengers allowed and helmet is required, they seem to be quite loose on this. Those pictures on their website do not lie.

- Brian

Happiness isn't around the corner - happiness is the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by B2L2:
        Although their rules mentioned absolutely NO passengers allowed and helmet is required, they seem to be quite loose on this. Those pictures on their website do not lie.

- Brian
        And I think thats what we concern the most. We know well enough insurance companis these day will pick on anything they can to raise the premium.
        V67-GSR

Comment

I only see one picture with a passenger sitting and sticking his hand out. But look closely. It photoshopped for sure.

Comment

Haha.. I see what you mean, Chris. Thanks for pointing that out.

Still, the red Cannon Ball supra doing the burn out came with a driver without helmet. Or maybe I'm wrong again.

- Brian

Happiness isn't around the corner - happiness is the corner.

Comment

Already discussed:

http://www.vcmc.ca/ubb/ultimatebb.ph...c;f=6;t=000917
              Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
              Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

True.

But not sure if any of you know that the guy in the red Super, without helmet, doing buring, is actaully the "Boss" and "Event Orgainzer".
                V67-GSR

Comment

Yeah, im quite sure the driver of the red Supra is either the owner of the shop or works there....a Japanese folk.

Comment

this is so fuuny, I think the "drift society" is part of CACC now. GOD...

anyways, can't sleep @ night, got bored.....

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showt...hreadid=180273

Comment

I just popped in to stick some rims up for sale and what do I read.

Let me clear some things up for you gents. That picture is not photo shopped, he was reprimanded and will not attend the next event. The guy in the supra is not the event organizer, he was also reprimanded and won't be in the next event. I am an ex solo driver for over 14 years, I know what makes insurance hard to get and all the rest of it. We are going to join the CACC, because it will give more structure to our club and help us with situations like this. If you want track days, contact your organizer. Don't cry about another club. On that same note we have helped push forward another section of track being organized by the bay, now there’s more room and a better track surface.

I've never met a more negative and rumor mongering bunch. How do you think your organization was started? Just like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jymz:
                        We are going to join the CACC, because it will give more structure to our club and help us with situations like this.
                        Structure? haha.... if no one enforce the rules of your club, where does structure comes from? you can have hundreds and thousands of rules in your club, but no one to enforce it, whats the point. you said it yourself, and I quote from your post on Dec. 8yh 2003" Many of them had language problems and did not understand the rules that were given." Its your responsiblity as a officer of your club to enforce your rules, if they can get a driver lic. in Canada, they mean they can/have enough understanding of English.

from a non motorsport member's view:
                        have you ever wonder why almost most of your post are cloesd ? maybe you need to do something about your attitude.

this is my 2 cents, don't think you are the sh*t, you ain't buddy !

Comment

Originally posted by jymz:
                          If you want track days, contact your organizer.
                          OMG, you are one interesting guy.......you know the difference between Race, Solo I and Solo II?

so if I join your "dift society", and I contact you to have a track day, you will put a track day for me @ BBA? LOL, don't answer that...

Comment

To drift club people:

Don't feel bad. Its just the standard hazing that comes with any new club. Ask UBCSCC all about it.

Comment

In all fairness, becoming affiliated with CACC should impose a tighter rein on how a club handles events, b/c a CACC steward could now show up and observe - with the power to shut down an event if it becomes unsafe.

Comment

Working...
                              X