Co-drive for Mar 7th event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-drive for Mar 7th event?

Hi! I'm coming to Vancouver to help with the Velocity school on March 6th, and am very interested in driving in the event on the 7th.

Would anyone want to offer up their car to me as a co-driver on the 7th? I'd prefer rear-wheel drive on R-compounds, but I'm not too picky. Anything will do, it's all better than staring at slowly melting snow and ice here on the Prairies...

Who the heck is this "corey_dyck"? Well, my name is Corey, I'm the autocross director for the Winnipeg Sports Car Club. I started autocrossing a Focus, then switched to a Miata about two years ago. I'm easy on tires, and have driven a lot of different cars as an instructor in our local school. From a Suzuki Aerio to a BMW Z8 to a Formula SAE car, they're all fun in their own way. Ok, the Aerio wasn't that much fun...

Since then, I've become the head course designer, the autocross director, and three years ago I founded our autocross school. I'm also chasing the back of the pack in ice racing this year in a Ford Fiesta.

I've also helped a number of local drivers and the local Formula SAE team tweak their car setups to make the cars more forgiving and faster. I finished 16th in PAX at CNAC (after a not-so-perfect drive), and 42nd overall in my ES Miata.

Any takers?

You've got a ride .
    (if you don't mind 2 year old Kumho R-compounds, new ones not here yet)
    Swift DB1 Formula Ford - trophy collection machine (co driver)
    2006 Lotus Elise - daily driver
    2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 - cycling racer
    1/4 of a Dodge Neon Chumpcar - because I didn't want to risk saving money.
    1992 Acura Integra LS - for those other days (or when I need a trunk)

2014 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - King of the Hill
    2012 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - New record FF1600, 2nd Overall
    2011 Knox Mountain Hill Climb - Record holder FF1600, 3rd Overall.
    2011 SCCA National Championship - 3 cars, 2 classes, I have no idea...
    2010 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
    2009 SCCA National Championship - 2nd CM
    2009 SCCA National Tour - 1st CM
    2005 Canadian National Champion - CSP
    http://twitter.com/RiskAce

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Yarko!

Comment

Oh no! It looks like Yarko may not be able to make it to this weekend's event.

Is there anyone else that would be interested in letting me co-drive with them on Sunday?

Comment

Anybody?

I'm willing to beg, if that will help!

Comment

I'd be interrested. I've got a 94 miata, pretty much bone stock. I'm a bit of a n00b at autox, so the more times I get around the track, the better. I reg'd for velocity this weekend, so look for a guy named Mike with a black miata with a racing beat nose.
            -------------------------------
            Mike 'Chan' Marich

Comment

That sounds cool to me Mike!

Does VCMC allow passengers during timed runs on Sunday? If so, we could ride along with each other for all the runs.

Comment

I would hope they would, as ubc does. I just need to get around the track as much as possible. Just don't go off-roading, okay?
                Mike 'Chan' Marich

Comment

Passengers are encouraged except two novices are not to go out together.
                  Ernest.
                  "Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them" Marvin the Martian

Comment

Originally posted by Pink500:
                    Passengers are encouraged except two novices are not to go out together.
                    Ernest.
                    Ahhh, you're the guy(s) with that pink formula thing... don't really know what to call it... I'd love a ride-along in *your* car, too bad there's only 1 seat.
                    Mike 'Chan' Marich

Comment

No off-roading for me, expecially while driving someone else's car!

The weather forecast is looking rather nasty, I'll bring my wet-weather gear along. How's the water drainage at Boundary Bay? Will we be standing in deep puddles while marshaling?

Comment

Water drainage is quite good at BB.

I believe we're running at our regular lot this weekend so no ditches to worry about. Just avoid the trees.

Comment

The "tree" was taken care of by Henry last year. We all had a good spread of apple sauce! :P

Comment

Working...
                          X