Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPE #2 Post Event Discussion

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all who attended Club Practice Event #2. I'm pleased to hear we had sunnny skies for this event! I would like to thank Gerald Chen and everyone who helped organise this event.

Please give us your feedback, both positive and negative so that we may continue to improve our events.

Thanks,

I think we need new caterers. They're a little too expensive for me.

Comment

didnt notice the price today and even bought from them. Same price as last time?

First time did T&S, not difficult but need to concentrate . Well, thanks Henry to teach me, for sure I'll help next time
      I missed my Neon

Comment

yea, new caterer will be good.
        they are little pricy..

also, i like the music playing in the event..
        looks like we were having fun fair or autox festival...

maybe we could have a large tv or projector in the grid area and have someone videotape the competitors in the course realtime and play it in the large tv or projector. i found it is kinda far to see whats the competitors doing in the course from the grid area.

Comment

Nice weather, fun and different kind of track. Testing of my shifting skills, 6 shifts per run compared to 10 shifts per lap at Pacific Raceways. 1st..2nd..3rd..2nd..3rd..2nd..3rd..stop

I think we need new caterers.
          Can we get the Crombie's to come to VCMC CPE's?

I want to comment about one thing (not related to the organizer I guess) that if somebody who needs to pour a big volume of water, please try not to do it near the pit area where people put their clothes, floormats, tools, etc. on the pavement. When I started packing up for the day, I found out that my clothes and some other people's floormats/tools were less than 2 inches from the big streams of water.

I forgot to pick up my red "Canada" chair. To whomever picked it up, thanks!.

[ March 21, 2004, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Race Miata ]

Comment

Chris, we have your chair. We put it in the container, I will give it to you next CPE ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Race Miata:
              Nice weather, fun and different kind of track. Testing of my shifting skills, 6 shifts per run compared to 10 shifts per lap at Pacific Raceways. 1st..2nd..3rd..2nd..3rd..2nd..3rd..stop
              o yeah, I was working at station 3, I can see you were so busy. I can hear all your up, down shifts, it sounds like you're driving on track.

GT28RS Audi A4 1.8T
              http://www.whitea4.com

80 Street Mod
              .. ..

Comment

Originally posted by DM 00:
                Chris, we have your chair. We put it in the container, I will give it to you next CPE ok?
                Thanks Henry! I'll come find you next CPE.

Comment

Originally posted by prelude318is:
                  maybe we could have a large tv or projector in the grid area and have someone videotape the competitors in the course realtime and play it in the large tv or projector. i found it is kinda far to see whats the competitors doing in the course from the grid area.

Comment

Originally posted by m nA6:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by prelude318is:
                    </font>[/QUOTE]good suggestion, markus.....

Comment

I missed out cause I was sick

Glad to hear you guys had good weather though .

Comment

Wow, I had alot of fun. I think i'm hooked
                        Tires aren't looking so good now, oh well

Comment

Weather was excellent and the course was lots of fun. I loved the 2nd half of the course where you could run at full throttle for longer and longer by varying your line slightly.

Great to see lots of new faces at the event too!

One thing that was a pain, especially as COW, was that several drivers were not registered in the class which they thought they'd be in.

I would suggest that the driver's class be double-checked at registration time.

Art.
                          Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
                          "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Thanks to all the Chiefs and workers for making things run so smoothly. Glad to hear everyone had fun.

As a side note to competitors, please make sure to arrive at events before tech closes(8:30am unless otherwise noted). This makes sure that the tech workers have enough time to walk the course themselves.

Thanks!
                            Gerald

Comment

Working...
                            X