Solo II Events This Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo II Events This Season

This is probably going to sound pretty silly, but the CPE's are practice for which events? Looking at the season schedule, I'm seeing the Novice Tour events (I'm assuming are solo II), then the Tuesday Night solo series... after that, which events (single or series) are autocross like the CPE's? Or, where can I find out more about what events will apply to me this season?

P.S. if it's a pile of them, no need to list...

Thanks!

The CPE's just mean that you have to be a member of the club running the CPE before you can run the event.

Comment

Justin, are you seeing the whole list of events? Novice Champ Tour, CACC Champ series, Kumho Challenge, BC Champ...

Click on Races & Results for the whole list. You can pretty much run every weekend if you attend all clubs' events!
      Lawrence

Comment

Yeah, I'm seeing the list, but lookin for more description... Right now "Kumho Challenge" doesn't mean much to me, I'm assuming it's a racing event of some type, sponsored by Kumho, but other than that....

Can I assume that if an event is happening at Boundry Bay it's gonna be the same kinda thing as a CPE? (type of racing)

Also, if I were to show up at a UBC event, do I need a UBC club membership to participate?

Comment

Any Boundary Bay event, unless otherwise noted (SOLO 1) is a SOLO 2 (autocross) event.

Comment

dunno about solo trials, but yes for solo2. membership is only 20 tho =).

Originally posted by Justin:
            Also, if I were to show up at a UBC event, do I need a UBC club membership to participate? [/QB]

Comment

Hi Justine,

CPE club practice events are events for our club members they are not to practice for any specific events.

The novice series is put on by our club and they are solo 2 events look for the post on the novice series.

Championship events are solo2 events open to everyone who is a member of an affiliated club.

Tuesday night events are BCMA solo2 events you must belong to their club.

E
              "Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them" Marvin the Martian

Comment

Originally posted by Pink500:
                Championship events are solo2 events open to everyone who is a member of an affiliated club.
                I didn't think club membership was a requirement.

--Mike

Comment

Hi Mike,

If I remember correctly the SCCA is now considered an affiliated club. Cliff or Sheldon or ? can correct me if I am wrong.

Ernest.
                  "Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them" Marvin the Martian

Comment

CPE = Club Practice Event. Some people call them 'closed club' events. To enter, you'll need to be a member of the hosting club. It's a non-championship event so there's no need for a CACC Solo License.

CACC Solo Championship event = These events count for the title of CACC Champion. they are open to anyone who wishes to enter. However, if you want a shot at a class championship, you 'll need to be a member of either 1)a CACC affiliated club, or 2) an ASN Canada FIA recognized organization - in this area anyone who's a member of the SCCA or another ASN Canada Region is also eligible. The above two groups also need a CACC Solo License to be eligible for season's points.

All other events are usually what we call 'open' events as they are open for anyone to enter.

Solo 2 = autocrosses
                    Solo Trials = faster autocrosses w/ slightly stricter safety requirements
                    Solo 1 = even faster events (may be held @ Boundary Bay or a real race track)
                    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
                    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I've got a much better idea of what's goin on now.... (req'd licences, etc.)

Comment

Working...
                      X