IOCO Hillclimb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOCO Hillclimb

Any chance of a green flag on this one this year?

BCMA www.bcautoslalom.ca is hosting the IOCO events, I think they are still waiting for BC Hydro's decision.
    Lawrence

Comment

I heard it's not happening. Best thing to do is to ask BCMA.

Joe
      "...I recommend books. People who don't know what they're talking about are less likely to write a book about the subject...."

Comment

Originally posted by Vancouver Special:
        I heard it's not happening.
        2nd that

Outlook didn't look good @ the CACC meeting last month.

Comment

I know for sure that it is not going to happen. Management at the Burrard Thermal Plant will not let BCMA use the road. It's too bad because it is a great event.

Comment

What's the reason?

Comment

Originally posted by Sead:
              What's the reason?
              Um lets see. Cars racing up a companies private road for starters! For some reason someone in authority might feel that they can't be bothered to accomodate us even though there has never been any issues before.

I mean if we lose shopping malls for autocrossing, it's not that inconceivable that the same concerns for public safety and liabillity may cloud the lot or hill owner's decision process, regardless of proper insurance and safety vehicles in place for the event.

Hopefully we can some day we can once again hold this event, but for this year the event is a no go.

By the way Sead, Nice spread in the Sunday Province, Careers Section a couple of weeks back! Looking good! I was kinda disappointed though, that you didn't mention anything about your 2001 Top Gun title! And of course the acreativeguy.com, Crucible Constructors Dodge Neon that was instrumental in your success!

Chris B

Comment

Originally posted by cbeere:
                By the way Sead, Nice spread in the Sunday Province, Careers Section a couple of weeks back! Looking good! I was kinda disappointed though, that you didn't mention anything about your 2001 Top Gun title! And of course the acreativeguy.com, Crucible Constructors Dodge Neon that was instrumental in your success!
                Chris B
                Thanks Chris!
                Yea that was a cool interview and an even better article. I actually tried to throw Autocrossing in there and how it relates to my career, but doesn't seem the reporter thought it was that relevant!

Comment

Originally posted by cbeere:

By the way Sead, Nice spread in the Sunday Province, Careers Section a couple of weeks back!
                  Link?

Comment

Yeah, congratulations Sead, two pages with photos! It was a great story, I looked for it online but it was only available to subscribers.

Guido

Comment

Working...
                    X