VCMC Novice Tour Event #1 April 25th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VCMC Novice Tour Event #1 April 25th

In just over two weeks, the autocrosss season will really begin to heat up. We've been practicing right now but the serious stuff is just around the corner. I've just seen over 70 people through the Velocity schools and the clas of 2004 looks fast. This event is also your last chance to practice or dial-in for the CACC Solo Championship.

April 25th is our first Novice Tour event and Peter Tkatch and I are your event chairs. But no event goes off without a team so it's time for you to volunteer to be Specialty Chiefs.

Event Chair: Cliff Loh
    Event co-Chair: Peter Tkatch
    Course Design: Peter Tkatch

Still Need:

Tech Manager: Manages Tech staff
    Timing Scoring: Coordinates results during and after the event
    Worker Coordinator: Assigns course worker shifts
    Clean Up Team: Help pack up the equipment at the end of the day.

I would also like somone to be official media person to either take pictures and/or write the event coverage articale for the website.

Signing up for these lead positions will be your only work assignment on event day.

Autocrossing is a volunteer sport and it all happens much better with your contribution. Let's make the Novice tour a super series!!!

Thanks

[ April 19, 2004, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Cliffy ]
    Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
    Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.

We should consider it very fortunate to have Robert Lu as a course designer for this event. His courses are truly technical in that it allows for various lines and tricky sightlines. You'll find a lot of speed variations with a constant theme throughout.

Too bad I'm going to an all night "event" on the 24th, otherwise I'd come out too
    Red 997 GT3 / 993 Turbo gone but not forgotten.
    HD YouTube track videos

Comment

I can help on tech. in the morning
      I missed my Neon

Comment

i'd like to learn tech or timing/scoring.

an.

Comment

both are easy just like drving your mp5 :P
          I missed my Neon

Comment

Need a course designer... Robert can't make it.

Comment

How about Alex?
              Bernie

Comment

Our Co-organizer Peter Tkatch wants to try a design. Maybe a senior member can help him.

I have asked Andy Liu (aspenWRX) to be Chief of Tech and needs at least 6 people to make up his team.

Comment

Andy,

I'll do tech for you. 1st shift please.

Comment

thanks Jacques
                    I missed my Neon

Comment

Still Need:

Worker Coordinator: Assigns course worker shifts
                      Clean Up Team: Help pack up the equipment at the end of the day.

Media person..

Comment

I can take pictures as I always do. But can u guys find someone else to write?
                        2007 Honda Fit sport

Comment

What's considered a novice?
                          Thanks

Comment

I believe that if you have 3 or fewer autocross events prior to October 2003, you are eligible to compete for points in our Novice Chamionship Tour. This allows those who participated in UBC's Novice Series to compete in our series as well.

Arthur.
                            Silver '91 BMW 318is - 06/07 G-stock (retired and sold)
                            "On a break" from autocross

Comment

Originally posted by spoonek4:
                              I can take pictures as I always do. But can u guys find someone else to write?
                              I guess i could help out with the writing part. I'll probably take some pics as well and if anybody has a vid cam, I'd be glad to take footage of your run(s). Whether this fulfills my work duties, I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X