2008 NCT 3 Results and Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 NCT 3 Results and Feedback

Hi Guys, Been up since 5am and just got home now. What a day!

Congratulations to all who came out to race today, especially Saturday's Test and Tuners. 2 days of intense driving takes some serious focus! We had a large turn out, and still managed 7 runs.

Tons of volunteers worked very very long hours to make an event like this happen. Special thanks goes to Bryan Hoffman as the event Chair, I think he did a fantastic job as a first timer. Mitch for the fun fast course. Carol for her record speed - with registration, Henry running timing and making things go smoothly throughout the day. And, of course many of you who helped with setup and clean up at the event! I want to thank you all for making this event possible.

Unofficial results are ready (Clearly I have no life):

Novice Indexed Times

Indexed Times
    Top Times
    Full Results

Pictures here!

Until the next one!
    Last edited by Carson; June 15, 2008, 20:26.
    2001 Toyota Sienna (don't ask...)

Re: 2008 NCT 3 Results and Feedback

too short and easy. i was expecting a bit more challanging/longer course for NCT3. want to see some 45+ second course.

Comment

I agree the course was somewhat too straight forward, but it's nice to get it once in a while. Let's not forget this is a Novice Championship. Thanks guys for the great day.
      http://team1.poweredbyaloe.com/

Comment

Thanks to all the organizers and helpers! You guys made the event pretty damn smooth today, despite all the problems that came up

I really liked the course today - thanks for the awesome design, Mitch!!! It's nice to mix it up between the open and the tighter type of courses. A course like this gives the newer drivers (like me!) a chance to have fun and not feel as discouraged
        Tracy W
        2006 Honda Civic LX
        H Stock - the only class where walking the course takes less time than driving the course

Comment

I enjoyed the simplicity and how fast the course was.. I found that it was deceivingly techincal... There was a lot of time easily lost or gained by driving the right line around the back side sweeper...

Big thanks to Larry for letting me co-drive with him.. it was a great neck and neck battle between the two of us right down to the end.. lots of fun..
          88 multi colourd 323..
          Dubbed "the junk" *retired*

88 323 GTX
          *Sold *

92 V6 swapped 323
          looks ugly/goes like stink!

Comment

Great event Gang! LIked the fast elements of the course. Great Job Mitch!
            Yes, as Adam said, it was actually quite technical. With an underpowered top heavy car like mine, we had to push it to the limit and find that envelop of traction, speed and precision. 28 seconds is possible, mebbe next time
            And,,,,, no,,,,, there is no supercharger in this car. Just 97WHP and 2310 lbs. So every ounce makes a difference. Still waiting for my anti roll bars to install......Great job driving the car Adam. It was a blast today.

Thanks for coming out Brian in the Fiero. Hope you had fun! Almost like the good ole days 30 years ago!!!!!

Comment

+1 on that Adam
              Course was deceiving, simple but technical
              Good job Mitch, nice to not have a sea of cones to deal with
              Thanks to all the hard working people who made it happen, overcoming computer problems yet again
              Going to have to step it up or the DS ladies will soon be kicking my butt

Comment

Originally posted by crazycanadian View Post
                I enjoyed the simplicity and how fast the course was.. I found that it was deceivingly techincal... There was a lot of time easily lost or gained by driving the right line around the back side sweeper...

Big thanks to Larry for letting me co-drive with him.. it was a great neck and neck battle between the two of us right down to the end.. lots of fun..
                I agree. I found the course simple, but technical, while trying to improve your time without overdriving the course. Another thing to note is that the course really didnt favor one specific type of car, everyone was evenly matched. (larry actually said this, but I do agree.). I had a blast, as always kudos.

Im glad to see people were really cautious and used the red flag alot and that drivers were super aware while driving.

Comment

k guys, unofficial results posted.

Congrats to Darrell for taking top novice (no wonder he was complaining that the course was too simple ).

Comment

STX STEVE KIBBLE VCMC 92 BMW 325
                    Kibble is back!? About time you came back out again Steve!

Comment

omg r those results right?!? Damn!!! YAY! My big come back from destroying the course 50% of the time in NCT 2 ; )

I thought it was a great event, the course was fast and fun, not so challenging that a novice couldn't do it but technical enough in some spots that I felt I had something to work up to.

A huge thank you to everyone on the ELT and other volunteers who worked so hard to make it happen. I know you guys were short some of the ELT and key volunteers at this event but you did a great job pulling it together anyway.

ahhh . . after a long weekend autocrossing its time to relax with a cocktail

Comment

Had a lot of fun driving the course today.

It was really interesting doing the course walk with Mitch, and with Chris. I ended up with two quite different approaches to driving the course. Both valid, and I saw both styles driven, and both approaches yielded some uber-fast times. I really need to work on positioning the car, and finding a line that will work best for my driving style/car combination. It would also be nice to get some R-compounds, and stick through the turns to get some more power down.

Thanks to everyone who came out and gave of their time and talent to help make the event possible. We couldn't do this without you!

Darrin
                        Darrin Linders
                        1985 EP Honda Civic

Comment

Today was deffinatly alot of fun ! such a great day to race !

Carson, i only have 5 recorded runs ? what happened ? what if one of those lost runs was like a 29 something and i beat you ?! haha

Anyways, really liking how smooth and quick the day is able to go.
                          With me and my dad co-driving the 510 we barely had time to get out, look at our time and get the other person back in the car in time for the next run.

Deffinatly beats standing around waiting 20 mins between runs

And deffinalty need to make sure, as workers on course, going to get a cone, make sure you have time and its safe and you hustle ! I saw to many people sauntering or walking and running out when a car was coming. Everyone has to work together and make sure there is time and make sure we hold the cars on the line if someone is running out for a cone!

Comment

I had a blast driving this course. Simple (great for those of us too busy to walk the course) yet challenging. Thanks to Richard for letting me co-drive his S2K.

Thanks to all who made the weekend events happen, especially Carson, who I'm sure spent close to 30 hours at the airport this weekend.
                            Racing: It's not just for rich idiots. It's for all idiots.

Carol
                            Porsche 997 C2
                            Subaru BRZ

Comment

Originally posted by KevinWall View Post
                              Carson, i only have 5 recorded runs ? what happened ? what if one of those lost runs was like a 29 something and i beat you ?! haha
                              I had a chat with the timing person and turned out some of your morning runs were way too slow and she did not want you to make the 510 club looks bad so she del 2 times. (jk) I think there were some minor issues with the new laptop and 2 of your runs recorded were wrong and was removed. but like you said they were slower so doesn't really matters.

Anyway, better luck beating me next time, I might event get to do a course walk next time so watch out!

Comment

Working...
                              X