Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 KSC Vehicle Numbering

From the Kumho Super Challenge Supplemental Regulations:

VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION: All vehicles entered for competition must be identified according to Rulebook section 5.4. Numbers conforming to the specifications in SCCA National Solo Rules section 3.7 are also acceptable. Vehicle numbers must be no greater than 3 digits (e.g. 1 to 999). However, we strongly recommend that the primary driver’s number be selected from the range 1 to 99 with the second driver being distinguished by a 1 in front of the primary driver’s number. Example: If car #55 in DSP has a second driver, he/she would run as #155.

In dual driven cars, the first and second drivers must run different numbers. Only one set of numbers may be visible during official timed runs.

It is highly recommended that vehicle license plates be obscured/removed during competition. We encourage driver’s names be displayed on the rear side windows as well.

Masking tape and shoe polish are not acceptable forms of identification. In addition, vehicles must display the required event sponsor logos/graphics as specified in the Competitor’s package that will be issued upon competitor check-in.

Sample image of numbers meeting minimum dimensional specifications:

Drivers are responsible for supplying their own numbers. They should be located on each side of the vehicle, preferably on the body side panels (not the windows).
    Last edited by Slushbox; July 4, 2008, 08:55.
    Racing: It's not just for rich idiots. It's for all idiots.

Carol
    Porsche 997 C2
    Subaru BRZ

Re: 2008 KSC Vehicle Numbering

Our Sponsor Blitzgear can help you with all your racing numbers and graphics needs. I had all my magnetic numbers done by them, makes my life really easy.
    2001 Toyota Sienna (don't ask...)

Comment

+1 for Blitzgear, very good quality decal

Comment

2008 KSC Vehicle Decals

All competition vehicles must wear the specified decals.

Affix decals to the specified locations (see illustration) prior to tech inspection. Placement of decals at alternate locations must be approved by the Chief of Tech.

Drivers are responsible for supplying their own racing numbers. Drivers are also responsible for affixing the decals in a manner that will prevent paint damage (e.g. painters tape, magnets, wax, lint, etc).

The decal package includes:
        • 1 windshield banner
        • 2 fender decals

Tech sticker will be provided after the vehicle passes inspection.

Last edited by Slushbox; July 1, 2008, 09:25.

Carol
        Porsche 997 C2
        Subaru BRZ

Comment

For dual driven cars, is #67 or #167 the first driver out, or does it matter with regard to numbering?
          Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
          BM #51: 2004 Stohr WF1
          STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i (sold 2019)
          DSP #67: 1997 BMW 328is (sold 2012)

Comment

Hi Mark,
            It doesn't matter which order the drivers run in for this event since we're not running the grid in numbered order.

Carol
            Porsche 997 C2
            Subaru BRZ

Comment

Are the stickers paint friendly?
              This doesn't put food on your table, it's supposed to be fun. If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.
              -=- Lethal Locost -=- Lethal Locost 2 -=- V8 Firefly -=- Crusty Chevy -=-

Comment

Originally posted by SkinnyG View Post
                Are the stickers paint friendly?
                I'm bringing painters masking tape.

Comment

Hi Greg,

The decals are basically your garden-variety bumper stickers. Not designed to strip paint, but not as gentle as painter's tape either.

I've added an advisory to my previous post. As well, the decals will be distributed with an information sheet containing the same.

There will be painter's tape on site for anyone wishing to use it for affixing decals.

Carol
                  Porsche 997 C2
                  Subaru BRZ

Comment

For the vehicle numbers, do we just pick whichever number we feel like? I'd like to make it to the KSC this year, but I'll need to have the vehicle numbers made up.
                    Laguna Seca - Home of the Corkscrew and the grave of VCMC pride

Comment

Can we reserve #s?
                      Mark Uhlmann, UBCSCC Ex-Pres
                      BM #51: 2004 Stohr WF1
                      STX #67: 2011 BMW 128i (sold 2019)
                      DSP #67: 1997 BMW 328is (sold 2012)

Comment

You can reserve a vehicle number when you register for the event (remember, the early bird deadline is July 14). Numbers are first come, first served. The Chief of Reg will inform you if there is a conflict.

Numbers must be unique within your vehicle class (e.g. there cannot be two #99 cars running in AS, but there can be one in AS and another in BS).

Carol
                        Porsche 997 C2
                        Subaru BRZ

Comment

I registere without saying my vehicle number. Is there anyway i can choose my number? and who do i contact to make sure my number hasn't been taken?
                          2006 Mazda MX-5 Sport (Winning Blue Mica)
                          Class: CSP (Ohlins DFV, RX-8 Front Stabilizer Bar, RS Full Exhaust System, Kumho V710)
                          2003 Mitsubishi Lancer (2003-2006)

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardMX-5 View Post
                            I registere without saying my vehicle number. Is there anyway i can choose my number? and who do i contact to make sure my number hasn't been taken?
                            PM Chief of Reg. Will Fong (crinale) and he will take care of you. You can check the entry list here for available numbers.
                            Last edited by Slushbox; July 9, 2008, 12:29.
                            2001 Toyota Sienna (don't ask...)

Comment

Originally posted by Carson View Post
                              PM Chief of Reg. Will Fong (crinale) and he will take care of you. You can check the entry list here for available numbers.
                              The entry list isn't accurate because I signed up on June 30 and it still hasn't shown up yet. Is the number checking automated?

Comment

Working...
                              X