Guest replied
    Re: 2008 CACC #3 Results and Feedback

What the? who's this megadream20...think he's on the wrong forum site

Leave a comment:

• The ToeFu Master
    replied

Originally posted by 83-AS
    i think now what we need is a "chief of Course worker", make sure the worker work safe and adjust the worker coz some station are really busy.
    We do, but there never seems to be enough time on race day (or enough reminders) to get people to understand course working. The rules are simple but sometimes people are not so cognant of them.

So as an act to encourage the membership to do something within their power, I'm going to ask that one of you three (83-AS, treva, and seansibbet) start a new thread on course working, post up some bulletin points and get a discussion going. If it's good we'll have someone make it sticky. Basically let's do some online training for course working.

Really, it's in EVERYONE's interest that people stay safe on the course. And yes, that means it's everyone's job to remind everyone to stay safe on the course.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Leave a comment:

• JohnYeung
    replied

i think now what we need is a "chief of Course worker", make sure the worker work safe and adjust the worker coz some station are really busy.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by seansibbet View Post
    Thanks to all for the event! The course was great and DEFINITELY challenging. I sucked in the morning, but in the afternoon I picked it up and found that I was able to take most of the straight after the "hairpin" on the rev limiter. Bad driving, bad gearing.. but great day!

Only thing that concerned me was that I saw some VERY dangerous course working, including one person walking across the racing line with their back to a car that was coming right at them. In another instance, I observed 3 senior drivers in a circle, talking, with not one watching the cars on course. I don't want to see someone get nailed by a car to remind everyone of the importance of staying alert at all times when on a hot race course!

Yet another great day of racing.. see y'all at the next one

I agree with sean, some of the course working was challenging. I was working station 2 in the morning and found that there was only myself and a first time person. I sent him chasing cones and I made the calls. I think this was probably one of the busiest stations with the cone for the hairpin and the entrance and exit cones to the box constantly getting nailed. I found I was constantly yelling for him to "run" as he was a little unsure of the approaching car. This also meant I had to turn my back on the car that was being launched at the start box to follow the car that was finishing its lap and watch the worker. Not a really comfy cozy feeling. If there was another worker it could have helped. I know that we had limited workers, I did ask however if I could move the station closer and was denied.
    All in all it was a great day however.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Good to hear to made it home Marcel...hope to see you out again.

Leave a comment:

• WILDCHILD
    replied

Thanks Jack
    Fast challenging course

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks to all for the event! The course was great and DEFINITELY challenging. I sucked in the morning, but in the afternoon I picked it up and found that I was able to take most of the straight after the "hairpin" on the rev limiter. Bad driving, bad gearing.. but great day!

Only thing that concerned me was that I saw some VERY dangerous course working, including one person walking across the racing line with their back to a car that was coming right at them. In another instance, I observed 3 senior drivers in a circle, talking, with not one watching the cars on course. I don't want to see someone get nailed by a car to remind everyone of the importance of staying alert at all times when on a hot race course!

Yet another great day of racing.. see y'all at the next one

Leave a comment:

• Carson
    replied

Originally posted by oldskoolz24 View Post
    A little top up of water in the ferry lineup at Tsawwassen was all that I needed the rest of the way. I'm sure glad VCMC has so much water on hand!
    np marcel, I knew you were coming so I got jenny to pick up 8 flats!

good luck with the fix!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Yeah, the GM 60deg V6 just doesn't like to spin that high, but it came at time where a shift to 3rd would have been difficult to pull of without upsetting the car. I definitely gave away some time being way out of the power band...oh well.

As much as the motor might not have liked it, the cooling system hated it more

Thanks to everyone who helped out with my coolant leak/cleaned up the mess left behind, especially Ian for the tools and advice and Richard for following me all the way to the ferry to make sure I made it home. The ghetto MacGyver fix held enough and stopped leaking somewhere on the Mary Hill Bypass after the remaining coolant in the heater core section made its way out. A little top up of water in the ferry lineup at Tsawwassen was all that I needed the rest of the way. I'm sure glad VCMC has so much water on hand!

Marcel

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

High RPM's...no kidding, looking at a MSD or Mallory Igition system now

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

i placed first finall (woot). Couse IMO was challenging, and extremely fast. I was basically hitting 7k rpms in 2nd at two points. i was kinda sad it was only 4 runs then 3 more fun runs. I definatly lost alot of time in the fun runs, and unfortunatly im gonna have to check the videos to find out :/.

overall I thought it was pretty cool. Had alot of fun.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Darn, missed another one. Like the competition in SM!!!

Leave a comment:

• Carson
    started a topic 2008 CACC #3 Results and Feedback

2008 CACC #3 Results and Feedback

Hi Guys,

Thanks for those who came out to CACC 3, I had a fun time with the course and nice to see some great competitions.

Tons of volunteers worked very very long hours to make an event like this happen. Special thanks goes to Carol Wong as the event Chair, I think she did a fantastic job as a first timer (in Vancouver). Jack for the fun fast course. Mark for letting us use the UBC timer and saved us from stop watches. And, of course many of you who helped with setup and clean up at the event! I want to thank you all for making this event possible.

* Grouped Unofficial Results
    * Overall Results
    * Indexed Times
    * Top Times

Thanks!
    Last edited by Slushbox; July 6, 2008, 18:03.
Working...
X