X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Time Attack: Mission Raceway

VCMC Time Attack

This year we were asked to help grow the Time Attack sport with the CACC Time Attack series. VCMC will be helping to host six no-passing Time Attack events at Mission Raceway.

Time Attack offers a safe environment for drivers looking to join a group of people who test both their personal limits and the limits of the car. We aim to create a constructive community for participants to work together and defeat the proverbial clock. Time Attack is also a logical choice for those who enjoy competing in auto-X, but would like a little more seat time per dollar.

COVID-19 UPDATE: May 1st has been cancelled. A make-up date for June 17th has been confirmed.

Alongside UBCSCC we are able to host three different event schedules this year with the following dates:
    Round 1.5 Wednesday, June 17th 8:30 am to 4 pm Full Day event (gates open at 7am, tech closes at 7:50am) Registration
    Round 2 Monday, June 1st 8:30 am to 4 pm Integrated with UBCSCC Lapping event Registration
    Round 3 Sunday, July 5th 5 pm to 9 pm Evening event (gates are open at 3pm, tech closes at 4:15pm) Registration
    Round 4 Saturday, July 25th 5 pm to 9 pm Evening event (gates are open at 3pm, tech closes at 4:15pm) Registration
    Round 5 Saturday, August 15th 5 pm to 8:30 pm Evening event (gates are open at 3pm, tech closes at 4:15pm) Registration
    Round 6 Friday, September 25th 8:30 am to 4 pm Full Day event (gates open at 7am, tech closes at 7:50am) Registration
    *Registration for each event is through MotorsportReg.com (Registration for events 4, 5, and 6 are open 3 months before the event date)

Full Day events will have 2 qualifying/ warmup sessions and 3+ timed sessions (time permitting).
    Evening/ Integrated events will have 1 qualifying session and 3 timed sessions.

Full day events are $225 early bird and $240 full price.
    Evening and integrated events are $165 early bird and $180 full price.
    All participants are required to have a timing transponder, which is available for $35 rental per event.

Qualifying runs: ~15 minutes
    Drivers will first qualify during the first heat of the event, vehicle run heats will be determined from these times and grouped into timed run heats.

Timed runs: out-lap, 3 timed laps, cool-down lap
    Run heats will be staggered based on each cars fastest time of the day. If you surpass another vehicles lap time, you will run ahead of them in your heat. Organizers will actively update and stage drivers based on their perspective lap times.

FAQ:
    What is Time Attack – No Passing?
    A speed competition on a closed circuit with one car at a time running against the clock for the fastest time. Multiple cars may be on track at one time. Restricted passing may be allowed during non-timed sessions. Vehicles compete against the clock one at a time or at sufficient spacing such that there is minimal chance of one vehicle catching another on course during the timed competition. Passing in any timed session may be allowed at the Steward’s discretion.

Is my vehicle eligible?
    Stock and modified vehicles are welcome! If you have driven your vehicle at auto-X or Lapping/ HPDE event, you are eligible. You will need to pass a topical technical inspection at the event on-top of your own pre-event technical inspection.
    All vehicles must be in a safe condition and pass an inspection to be conducted prior to the event. All items in this section are to be inspected to ensure the vehicle meets all requirements without exception and are subject to the approval of the scrutineer at each event.
    A full list of rules can be found here.

Am I eligible?
    We strongly recommend at least one track day (HPDE/ Lapping) prior to attending a Time Attack event. Drivers must posses a CACC Time Attack License to be eligible to compete. A senior Time Attack License is only required for Knox Mountain Hill Climb here in BC.

How do I get my CACC Time Attack License?
    It is very easy to apply for a Novice time attack license. You may register for a Time Attack event, but must hold a valid license to participate.

Remember, a VCMC membership is included when you sign up for a VCMC Time Attack event.
    Sign up via MotorsportReg.com for your 2020 CACC Competition License Application.

Novice driver: is one who has not competed in at least three Time Attack No passing, six documented Lapping events or an approved driving school. A competitor that meets the requirements for a driver’s license may apply for a Novice Time Attack license. Eligibility and acceptance is at discretion of the Time Attack Director. A Novice Time Attack license-holder may apply for an upgrade to a Senior license after competing in the required CACC sanctioned Time Attack events or CACC accredited school.

Senior driver: is one, who has competed in at least three Time Attack No Passing events or six documented lapping days or an approved driving school.

What safety gear is required?
    Seatbelts: All cars competing in a Time Attack No Passing event must (at a minimum) be equipped with an OEM driver restraint system. If using an alternate restraint system, it must conform to CACC GCR 19.

Helmets: meeting the 2010 (or later) Snell Memorial Foundation standard are approved. In the case of competitors using an “M” helmet, a balaclava conforming to CACC GCR 18.2 Section F is also required. No balaclava is required if using a SA helmet. Shirts and pants of a non-synthetic material covering the body from the neck to the wrists to the ankles

Roll Protection: Roll-over protection is highly recommended for all vehicles and is mandatory for vehicles with fold-own or completely removable tops.

Clothing: Shirts and pants of a non-synthetic material covering the body from the neck to the wrists to the ankles

What about series points?
    The competitor must compete in a minimum of 50% plus 1 of the events to qualify for a championship standing.
    1st 10 points
    2nd 8 points
    3rd 6 points
    4th 5 points
    5th 4 points
    6th 3 points
    7th 2 points
    8th 1 point
    Cancellations:
    Refunds/credits for cancellations will be made at the discretion of the event organizer prior to one month before the event date. Within one month to the event date there will be no refunds.

BY REGISTERING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL CONDITIONS OF THE SUPPLEMENTAL REGULATIONS. Any violations of these regulations will result in an immediate end to your day - please read BEFORE signing up.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts or reckless driving before during or after the event. Evening events will be entering the track after another club has been racing. Be courteous to those who are on track or in the pits.

Thank you to all those who read the entire post. Now go sign up, challenge your friends and make this season a fantastic year!

Cheers,
    Ryan Richman
    Last edited by GrassHopper; May 26, 2020, 19:59.

Does it work to share a car with two drivers.?

Ken

Comment

I will have to ask our timing guy, but due to the rapid changeover of heats, I would recommend one driver per car.

Plus due to the COVID-19, I would not share my vehicle with anybody outside my household.

-Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by GrassHopper View Post
        I will have to ask our timing guy, but due to the rapid changeover of heats, I would recommend one driver per car.

Plus due to the COVID-19, I would not share my vehicle with anybody outside my household.

-Ryan
        Thanks Ryan...Gotcha re covid

Ken

Comment

Have CACC licence applications been stopped? I paid my $55 to Alan, sent a couple emails, and haven’t heard anything since.
          Anyone able to confirm the CACC licence status for TA?
          TIA

Comment

Alan has been backlogged, he should be responding when he has a free moment. If you have submitted your request and there is no blatant reason a license should be declined, you will receive a Time Attack License prior to an event.

-Ryan

Comment

is it absolutely mandatory to have 1 HPDE event under your belt to enter? im wondering because theres not many lapping events at the moment that are allowing novices to attend because of covid, but i really want to get on the track! what do you guys suggest? Time Attack #2 on MSR says they "suggest" at least one HPDE. they also have an HPDE before official timing from the looks of it as well.

Comment

For the safety of those on track at least one HPDE or Lapping day is required. BMW is actually hosting a HPDE event on May 25th. I would follow the links
                https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-school-811530

Comment

Working...
                X