Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration for 2018 Track Day #1 at Mission Raceway -- Monday, May 28th

Hey Everyone,

We are proud to announce that registration for our first Track Day of the season is now open! On May 28th we will be heading to the Road Course circuit at Mission Raceway Park for a lapping day and driver education. Especially for our track day novices, please head over to MotorsportsReg.com and sign up before the spots in your run group are sold out!

VCMC is bringing great value to our track day participants. We provide tons of seat time, 1-on-1 instruction for novices, lunch & refreshments, and professional track marshals to keep the event safe, fun, and efficient.

- $255 CAD + GST for first-timers and new novices. This includes 1-on-1 instruction.
    - $235 CAD + GST for experienced drivers signed-off to drive solo.

Standard registration fees apply starting on Tues, May 8:

- $275 CAD + GST for first-timers and new novices. Fee includes 1-on-1 instruction.
    - $255 CAD + GST for experienced drivers signed-off to drive solo.

Lunch is included for all registrations.

>>> Event Registration Link

VCMC Competition Director

Yellow C5 Corvette - #172 STU

Signed up!
    -Rick Lino- 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo

Comment

Straight water or coolant allowed? Car is a 92 mustang.

Comment

Signed up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyG View Post
          Straight water or coolant allowed? Car is a 92 mustang.
          We are not on the drag strip, so no restrictions on coolant. But you should not be leaking any fluids while on track; oil, fuel, brake fluid, coolant etc. If this occurs you will likely be black flagged and asked to correct the issue before returning to the track.

Comment

I would love to come out for this, but in looking into track day insurance, I found that this event isn't on the list of events covered by http://www.trackdayinsurance.ca/events

Is the organizer of this event willing to fill out the form on that page to try to see if trackdayinsurance would cover it? There's no cost to VCMC (other than the time spent filling out the form, which looked straightforward), it just allows attendees to purchase insurance for the event, if trackdayinsurance agrees it meets their criteria.

Comment

For those that are interested, I just purchased the track day insurance at trackdayinsurance.ca and had them add the may 28 event.

Tommy

Comment

Originally posted by 67greengt View Post
                For those that are interested, I just purchased the track day insurance at trackdayinsurance.ca and had them add the may 28 event.

Tommy
                What did you have to do? My understanding was that the organizer had to do it. It's way too late for me to take the day off to do this.

Comment

I just called them and asked them if they would cover for that event and if so could they add it so I can buy it.

Comment

Thank you to Matt, his organizing crew, the instructors and the River's Edge staff for putting on an amazing event. It was so good to meet and drive with so many like minded positive people. Everything went off like clockwork until the incident and lunch was excellent. The incident was cleared and everything was back to normal, very quickly. I know how these things can often take hours to get going again. Joe gave an inspirational talk that almost everyone listened to. My instructor, Frank Ewald, taught me so much about flow and reading my points on the track, thank you. I wish I was able to continue but my head gasket blew in heat 3. I think I saved it and didn't overheat or warp anything. My car won't be ready for Area 27 so I guess 1 lucky waiting list driver gets my spot. Again, thank you to everyone and I'll be back. Pip

A funny note regarding the incident. Someone came through the pits requesting no photos or videos of the car, fair enough. The owner of the shop that my car was towed to already knew about the incident and asked me about it when I arrived. He had photos, from the tow truck driver.

Comment

Thank you to Matt and all other organizers/workers that put the track day on. It was my first track day and I had an absolute blast! I thought it was a great showing of respect when Rick came around asking that no one take pictures... I know if it was me in that position I would have appreciated it for sure. Can't wait till the next one, if only I wasn't working for the area 27 one

Comment

My first track day and what an awesome time I had! Thanks to everyone who put it together and the staff at Rivers Edge. Thanks to my instructor Mason who gave me some great first timer pointers.

Here is my 3rd session in Blue group. Criticism welcome.
                        ​​​​
                        https://youtu.be/mfE3IhVBbZc
                        -Rick Lino- 2009 Cobalt SS Turbo

Comment

Working...
                        X