Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration for Track Day #2 at Area 27 -- Friday, June 15th

Hey Everyone,

We are proud to announce that registration for our second Track Day of the season is now open! On June 15th we will be heading up to Oliver to run at Area 27 for the first time as a club. Please head over to MotorsportsReg.com and sign up before the spots in your run group are sold out!

VCMC is bringing great value to our track day participants. We provide tons of seat time and professional track marshals to keep the event safe, fun, and efficient. This will be one of the most cost-effective Area 27 lapping days ever seen. Please note that this event is restricted to experienced drivers only. If you have never run a track day before I encourage you to sign up for our May 28th Mission track day and take advantage of our 1 on 1 instruction there. Please also note that lunch is not a guarantee, we will be trying to get a food truck to come out to service us while we are out there and there will be an email sent out to registrants when that is confirmed.

Entry Fee
    • $410 CAD for experienced drivers signed-off to drive solo.
    Early bird discount -- eligible to those who sign up by 11:59pm on Friday, May 25
    • $360CAD for experienced drivers signed-off to drive solo.

>>> Event Registration Link <<<
    VCMC Competition Director

Yellow C5 Corvette - #172 STU

Hi Matt, It says on Motorsport.reg that I'll be driving my Skyline but I will actually be driving my 300ZX. I hope there's no confusion.
    Pip

Comment

Darn this filled up quick! Didn't even get time to hand in vacation or unpaid LOA requests from work :P

Comment

Stopped in at the track this weekend as I was in the vicinity. It is amazing in person. Can't wait! Thanks VCMC for putting this together.

Comment

It looks like I've blown my head gasket and won't be fixed in time for Area 27 so I'm out. I'm totally bummed as this was going to be the highlight of my summer. I hope the lucky wait list person who gets my spot has as much fun as I had hoped for. Please, please do it again next year. Pip

Comment

Couple of questions about Area 27 track day.
            Where's the closest (Chevron) gas station to the track?
            Will there be time to change tires before and after the event at the track?

Comment

Originally posted by Tomato-SS View Post
              Couple of questions about Area 27 track day.
              Where's the closest (Chevron) gas station to the track?
              Will there be time to change tires before and after the event at the track?
              Chevron 5km away downtown Oliver, see you there

Comment

I am sure you will have time to change tires.. I will be changing tires and brakes. Looks tight though 7:45 to 8:20 is all the time I will have before the drivers meeting and my run group! And yes, there will probably an early morning line up at Chevron! Haha

Comment

The Petrocan at 1 McKinney Rd has 94 octane, if that's why you wanted Chevron. Depending on the direction you're coming, it's on the way to the track.

Comment

Originally posted by SurprisingEdge View Post
                    The Petrocan at 1 McKinney Rd has 94 octane, if that's why you wanted Chevron. Depending on the direction you're coming, it's on the way to the track.
                    Thank you for the tip! I'm surprised to hear that a BC Petro Canada station would still carry 94 octane gas since Petro Canada has stopped offering that fuel grade in the Lower Mainland for a long, long time. It makes me wonder where they're getting the gas from, since the mother company has pulled out of that market throughout the province. But hey, it is good to know.

I generally fill up with Shell V-Power, and it looks like the closest Shell station is ~15 min away from the track over in Osoyoos:

Shell Osoyoos, 9121 92 Ave, Osoyoos, BC V0H 1V0
                    https://goo.gl/maps/3hpHMaLc6dw
                    Rick Leung
                    one of the old farts; used to be somewhat fast

NC Miata (aka Nancy) - #10 STR
                    DE Mazda2 - #29 STF -- the fastest 2015 STF car in the province!

Comment

Originally posted by traum View Post
                      I'm surprised to hear that a BC Petro Canada station would still carry 94 octane gas
                      Me too! I filled up there after stopping to look at the track, is the only reason I know about it. There are a LOT of people passing by there with 94 octane only cars, going to the track, so good on them for finding a way to get in on that.

Comment

^good to know, I'll be driving down from Vernon in the morning, so that'll save me a few mins since it's on the way.

Comment

I took some pics from Area27 track day. Is there somewhere I can share the pictures for everyone?

Comment

Dan: someone (anyone with pictures) starts a thread in the appropriate section of these boards.
                            Just title it '2018 Area 27 Track Day Pics and Video' (or something like that), link your gallery/pics/videos, and others will post theirs in there as well.

Comment

Thanks VCMC for an amazing day. Hope we can do this again!

Comment

Working...
                              X